X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200+bhp Target help-guide

I have my ds3 thp for about 2 years now, time has come for a few mods
    My target is around 200-210bhp..

I've been reading this forum for quite a long time and I came with a list of parts however I am not sure which one to go for..an important note for consideration..

1. Front mount intercooler: Forge is having a specific one for the ds3thp and it can be bolted in with out touching the front crash bar of the car. However its a dual pass system, and where I live we during summer we really have a hot weather so I think a single-pass intercooler would be better ? I am not sure if forge is doing any single-pass intercooler for the thp ? What other options should I look for ?

2. Induction: I am interested only about performance, not sound so I think my best option is to go for an induction kit instead of a panel filter, the only one I've seen is again from forge but I am not sure if having an open filter setup in the engine during summer would give any bhp at all ? Are there any other options ?

3. Exhaust : My local exhaust shop suggested me that the best option for performance (again am not interested about loud noise, I want it as silent as possible) is to go for a decat downpipe, this would give around 6-8bhp, it would be cheaper
    than going for a catback system and would also give more bhp

4. Spark plugs: Iridium spark plugs would be fine I think, probably NGK ones, but which ones would be best for our engine ?

5. Supportive bits such as Forge Recirculation valve, forge hard pipes

6. Oil catch tank? should I look into it as well since I am living in a hot weather?

Regarding plugs the NGK Iridium seem to be the best choice of uprated plug. I believe they are a stock part for the Mini JCW R56, part no. ILZKBR7A-8G

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi Eagle- Hangar111 have fitted a single pass intercooler on a DS3r. Dont think theyve put up a kit, for public purchase yet.
      Catch can needed for any perfromance modified THP to be honest. Easy to put in and not loadsa money
      Dont think u r UK based Eagle are you? Cyprus from what i remember

Downpipe will add BHP, but to be legal in UK u need Sports Catalytic converter, and biiger exhaust for best BHP gain
      Induction kits- i think they are waste of money. very small gain

Ed- You will need a remap to get anywhere near 200+ even with all the extras
      Last edited by Chris_Blue; 02-02-2014, 20:57.
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Yea that's right...living in sunny Cyprus island

also you are right about the remap just forgot to mention it on the thread

Comment

Cyprus- very nice Eagle
          You could get to 200+ with a good remap and a Sports turboback 63mm exhaust
          Its where you go from there thats interesting, and obvs protecting the engine working at 25% higher than OEM
          Last edited by Chris_Blue; 02-02-2014, 22:14. Reason: turboback
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
            Cyprus- very nice Eagle
            You could get to 200+ with a good remap and a Sports turboback 63mm exhaust
            Its where you go from there thats interesting, and obvs protecting the engine working at 25% higher than OEM
            You mean cat-back exhaust system ?

Comment

If you get a new catalytic converter thats allows free movement of exhaust from engine, (Less cpsi) or remove the Cat completely, thought it was called a Turboback?
              Because you are renewing everything from the Turbo back. As always , i stand to be corrected
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                If you get a new catalytic converter thats allows free movement of exhaust from engine, (Less cpsi) or remove the Cat completely, thought it was called a Turboback?
                Because you are renewing everything from the Turbo back. As always , i stand to be corrected
                No you are right Chris.
                Originally posted by cyclone
                It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                Originally posted by Broda
                I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Wow. Thanks Cyclone
                  sigpic
                  Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle View Post

1. Front mount intercooler: What other options should I look for ?

2. Induction: I am interested only about performance, not sound so I think my best option is to go for an induction kit instead of a panel filter, the only one I've seen is again from forge but I am not sure if having an open filter setup in the engine during summer would give any bhp at all ? Are there any other options ?

3. Exhaust : My local exhaust shop suggested me that the best option for performance (again am not interested about loud noise, I want it as silent as possible) is to go for a decat downpipe, this would give around 6-8bhp, it would be cheaper
                    than going for a catback system and would also give more bhp

4. Spark plugs: Iridium spark plugs would be fine I think, probably NGK ones, but which ones would be best for our engine ?

5. Supportive bits such as Forge Recirculation valve, forge hard pipes needed

6. Oil catch tank? should I look into it as well since I am living in a hot weather?
                    Hi Eagle, think all the points have been covered here and definitely on the Forums.

1. FMC is needed especially that you live in a hot climate. cold air is good.
                    2. Induction. either a ITG/Pipercros/K&N panel filter or go for a bespoke cone type filter, though make sure you have a good feed from the from of the grille to force colder air from outside the engine bay.
                    3 Exhaust, Either decat or a sports cat. entirely up to you.
                    4 Spark plugs. Would be advisable to upgrade them given the extra bhp your looking.
                    5. Dump valve would be best option to handle more boost. Upgrade hoses to support more pressure.
                    6. OCC - With extra bhp comes more oil residue. this is a must for any THP and possible a duall OCC like Jami'es since rear PCV takes more pressure/oil/smoke.

7. remap - without that you wont get to 200bhp
                    Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Just a point about the spark plugs. If you search around on this site you will find several "in the know" on THP engine, suggest keeping OEM spark plugs even when mapped. Apparently they dont create issues, Thats why i never fitted them to my 150 when I had it- and didnt use the plugs.
                      As always- your choice.
                      Last edited by Chris_Blue; 05-02-2014, 14:51.
                      sigpic
                      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle View Post
                        Yea that's right...living in sunny Cyprus island

also you are right about the remap just forgot to mention it on the thread
                        Kalispera!

For mapping contact Stelios at etuners (http://www.etuners.gr), he is from Crete
                        Citroën DS3 Racing 2011 Polar White
                        ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
                        sigpic

Comment

What does the ds3racing have compared to the dsport thp?
                          Using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BigRicky View Post
                            What does the ds3racing have compared to the dsport thp?
                            Racing has 207bhp, THP has 156bhp.
                            - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                            - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

I meant mods wise.
                              Using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X