Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigRicky View Post
    I meant mods wise.
    Slightly bigger turbo, different map, lowered, wider track, lots of carbon fiber bits, racing seats. I think that's it, someone will be able to confirm.
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Ok so it utilises a bigger turbo, must have a bigger intercooler too?
      Using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok so it utilises a bigger turbo, must have a bigger intercooler too?
        As stock I don't think so. It's a common mod though, Forge do one.
        - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

That would mean that the standard intercooler is efficient for upto 207bhp then
          Using Tapatalk

Comment

That would mean that the standard intercooler is efficient for upto 207bhp then
            I guess in theory. Although IIRC the Forge intercooler drops the intake temp from 60C to 30C so it's definitely something to consider.
            - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

I cant see how the standard ict can be 60degree, if its going at 50-100mph thru the air? Lol seems a good gimmick though
              Using Tapatalk

Comment

I cant see how the standard ict can be 60degree, if its going at 50-100mph thru the air? Lol seems a good gimmick though
                Just what I've read on other posts, it was a while ago so I could be mis-remembering.

I'm sure Jamie @SP or Ragnarok can confirm as they have both uprated their intercoolers IIRC.
                - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

The physical act of turbo compressing the air makes a ton of heat. This is why you need an intercooler to get those temps back down. The Thp/racing intercooler is way undersized. A compromise that was made for the limited space available is my guess about that.
                  Originally posted by cyclone
                  It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                  Originally posted by Broda
                  I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Intercooler space isnt to relevant when talking small inches difference
                    Using Tapatalk

Comment

If you looked at the size of the original and an aftermarket it is not I say again not a small inches difference
                      Originally posted by cyclone
                      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                      Originally posted by Broda
                      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
                        If you looked at the size of the original and an aftermarket it is not I say again not a small inches difference
                        Man... stock is one third of the modded one (I am running Clemens-Motorsport which is a replica of Forge). Stock uses an ELECTRIC FAN to cool it down.
                        For me temps dropped from 2x to ambient temp.

I've heard you could achieve same or better results with stock IC if you use WMI.
                        Citroën DS3 Racing 2011 Polar White
                        ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
                        sigpic

Comment

I just seen the forge one and yes that ic would be much better just by having it in front of the bumper would help. Think your right that standard ic is not upto the job, just seen its location, not good
                          Last edited by BigRicky; 07-04-2014, 16:32.
                          Using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ragnarok View Post
                            Man... stock is one third of the modded one (I am running Clemens-Motorsport which is a replica of Forge). Stock uses an ELECTRIC FAN to cool it down.
                            For me temps dropped from 2x to ambient temp.

I've heard you could achieve same or better results with stock IC if you use WMI.
                            A fan? How do you mean buddy? I havent heard of a intercooler running a fan? And agree water injection very good on high boost application
                            Using Tapatalk

Comment

I suppose the fact aftermarket is front mounted must aid cooling much more too, the stock one cant get much airflow in its position by the looks of things!

Comment

Originally posted by colganraz View Post
                                I suppose the fact aftermarket is front mounted must aid cooling much more too, the stock one cant get much airflow in its position by the looks of things!
                                Totally agree buddy location of that plus its overall size is much better
                                Using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X