No announcement yet.

Funkys Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noticed that 2 of my pics in #37 were broken links. Sorry, reposted them now
    DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

After really crap weather, finally managed to get the FunkyDS3 washed, waxed and fully detailed. Come up treat

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0410.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	361002

Edit: I really need to improve my photo skills
      Last edited by Funky; 27-03-2017, 19:15.

Comment

Originally posted by Funky View Post
        After really crap weather, finally managed to get the FunkyDS3 washed, waxed and fully detailed. Come up treat

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14075[/ATTACH]
        Damn that's a really great colour choice you've got there.

Comment

Originally posted by Berch View Post
          Damn that's a really great colour choice you've got there.
          You know it We have great taste Berch!
          Last edited by Funky; 27-03-2017, 19:16.

Comment

MOT day!! Fingers crossed.

Comment

It passed with 4 "advisories". Front brake discs worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened. 2 rear tyres close to legal limit (4mm). I can live with that.

Comment

Not bad at all! I'd look into getting those bits done with the service if you didn't MOT/service combo it.
                ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
                Join the Facebook Group!
                Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Service isn't due til July mate, so will probs get the lot done then like you say. All depends on cost, might be easier spreading it all out over a few months, but for now - all good

Comment

Awesome! Mine had hers last month, new front discs and pads, and my side sill is coming away (obvs)

Did you get a video with your's?
                    My DS3R3... nearly....
                    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Yeah. Wondered what the hell it was, when it dropped into my inbox. If I'm honest the tread on tyres is plenty for another few thousand miles and when I asked about the discs when I picked her up, the mechanic.....sorry.....technician said they have to report any wear and tear, no matter how minor, these days. Again, another few thousand miles left in those yet too.

Comment

Originally posted by Funky View Post
                        It passed with 4 "advisories". Front brake discs worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened. 2 rear tyres close to legal limit (4mm). I can live with that.
                        Glad it passed and that's not too bad!

Out of curiosity what's this video you mentioned? Did you get your MOT done at Citroens and a video of the advisorys? I had heard of Audi doing something like that but didn't realise Citroen done it as well unless you had it done somewhere else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The vid came from the franchise that I bought it from, not Citroën dealership itself. They were doing a deal on the price of MOT's (£30) hence why I took it there and not my local trusted garage, otherwise it would've gone there.

Comment

So, it's been a while since I posted anything in here. I won't bore you with more of my shiny DS3 pics, although it IS very shiny at the mo after I did a 3 hour full detail this weekend. I wanted to fill you in on the all too familiar Bellone Corrosion around the centre caps and my current situation with it. I have varying degrees of corrosion on mine, ranging from just a tiny little mark, to one that is pretty bad (well I think it is anyway). Whilst it was having a service a few weeks back at the dealers where I got my DS3 from originally, I mentioned it to them and they took pics and sent them off to CUK. Several weeks and phonecalls later, they have just got back to me to say they (CUK) will offer approx £460 towards 4 new alloys. Great I thought...until he said that just leaves the balance of £852 to pay!!!!! So to replace the 4 alloys with brand new ones is over £1300. After scraping my jaw off my desk, I said I would come back to him.

There is a really good Citroen garage much closer to me than the dealers I bought my DS3 from and so I rang and asked how much they are. He told me that they retail at approx £297 each, but they can do me a deal of £155 per alloy with free fitting of my tyres and I don't have to do them all at once. So I can buy a new one every month over the next four months if I wanted. Needless to say I will be going down that route, as it still works out over £200 cheaper to get them from there.

Comment

Wowzer... if that was the case with me I'd be either sticking with my crappy Bellones (which is what I'm currently doing, god they are a mess), or I'd be looking at aftermarket wheels.

It's great that you got a good deal from another garage though! Sticking with black Bellones or going grey/white? I've seen them in both full silver and bright orange before, but I believe they were custom powder-coated.
                              ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
                              Join the Facebook Group!
                              Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Originally posted by BenS View Post
                                Wowzer... if that was the case with me I'd be either sticking with my crappy Bellones (which is what I'm currently doing, god they are a mess), or I'd be looking at aftermarket wheels.

It's great that you got a good deal from another garage though! Sticking with black Bellones or going grey/white? I've seen them in both full silver and bright orange before, but I believe they were custom powder-coated.
                                To be fair only one of them is causing me concern at the mo and that's only coz I'm very very particular about how my DS3 looks, kind of an obsessive detailer . So I will probably replace them over a longer timeframe. As for colours, I'm planning to stick with the black for now, but will defo take a look at the options available. I don't think I will go aftermarket as it will probably hike up my insurance, which I don't want to do.

Comment

Working...
                                X