Funkys Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Funky View Post
    So finally got chance to put the footrest in. Compliments the pedals perfectly and I'm happy with how it looks. My mat needs a hoovering though!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13371[/ATTACH]

hi m8...i need that chrome foot plate for my clutch foot to rest on....where you find it ??

Comment

Originally posted by bigj2552 View Post

hi m8...i need that chrome foot plate for my clutch foot to rest on....where you find it ??
      This seems to be almost identical: ebay
      ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
      Join the Facebook Group!
      Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Originally posted by bigj2552 View Post

I got it from my local Citroën dealer, I can't remember how much it was now though. I know it was in a sale at the time.
        DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by BenS View Post

This seems to be almost identical: ebay
          Yep that's the one Ben. That seller is in China though, I'd rather buy one from the UK, at least I know it will defo get delivered and in less than a month. Just my personal preference of course.

Comment

Just been looking through my thread and realised I didn't update it with this little change at the time. It's only as the days are getting shorter and I'm using my lights more, I had another DS3 driver come up to me in a car park tonight and ask why my sidelights and headlights were so much brighter and whiter than his. Completely forgot I had changed the OEM bulbs with Osram Nightbreakers! So after giving him a club card and told him about what bulbs they were (and all about the club obvs) I stood and admired the difference and even the sidelights were noticeably better. Happy Funky ​​​​​​

Moonhead (Sam) - this could be your next little mod mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Funky
              Just been looking through my thread and realised I didn't update it with this little change at the time. It's only as the days are getting shorter and I'm using my lights more, I had another DS3 driver come up to me in a car park tonight and ask why my sidelights and headlights were so much brighter and whiter than his. Completely forgot I had changed the OEM bulbs with Osram Nightbreakers! So after giving him a club card and told him about what bulbs they were (and all about the club obvs) I stood and admired the difference and even the sidelights were noticeably better. Happy Funky ​​​​​​

Definitely worth doing, did the same to mine when I first got it.
              - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
              - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post

Definitely worth doing, did the same to mine when I first got it.
                I'd completely forgotten I'd done it tbh Beefy. Glad I did though, the difference is awesome. It's my way of making up for not being able to afford the Xenon headlights!!

Comment

I went to Osram's on my DS3 the first winter I owned it, I was worried that the OEM lights were dull so found posts on the nightbreakers here and upgraded. From memory they last about 12m but as they're easy to change I was happy to keep a spare set in the garage to keep the clear night vision. I also replaced the high beam with nightbreakers but as they're not used so much they never blew in the time I had the car.

Definitely worth the upgrade.
                  sigpic

Comment

I've been super unimpressed with the bulbs that I bought (Phillips ultra white) so I might look to change. Where did you get yours from mate?

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

DStort
                    DSport interior | 130bhp Chipped | Powerflow Exhaust

Comment

I used to get mine from Amazon, whomever was selling the cheapest Not sure about Funky though...
                      sigpic

Comment

I think mine were from either eBay or Amazon. Drummond Base recommended them to me. Try this link : http://www.ds3club.co.uk/filedata/fe...5&d=1486297399

Hopefully it should take you to a screenshot for all the types you need for main, dipped and side bulbs.

The main and dipped are very white and crisp and the sidelights (which OEM bulbs were just pointless) have a nice subtle blue hue to them. After getting rid of the fried eggs indicator orange bulbs for chrome ones before this too, my front lenses look sharp!!
                        Last edited by Funky; 27-09-2017, 12:36.

Comment

Do you have the 'laser' ones or the 'unlimited' ones out of interest?

Ed: fraid that link didn't work

DStort

Comment

Strange, the link works for me. Anyway, the main and dipped are Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited (H1 and H7) and the sidelights are Osram Cool Blue Intense (W5W).

Comment

Strange, the link works for me. Anyway, the main and dipped are Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited (H1 and H7) and the sidelights are Osram Cool Blue Intense (W5W).
                              Cool thanks. It's probably just because I'm on Tapatalk

DStort

Comment

Fitted a K&N panel filter today to my DSport eHDi 115 and I've read countless differing opinions and watched dozens of YouTube videos and this is my 10p's worth. Dead easy to fit, even for those, that are worried that anything you do may break something. Just follow this:

https://haynes.com/en-gb/car-manuals...-filter-change

Now I have only done about 4 or 5K miles since my last full dealership service and I was shocked to see the state my oem air filter was in and even more shocked to see a bunch of dead leaves in the airbox itself.

So after clearing it all out and chucking the K&N in, I took my DS3 for a spin, I did notice a difference in the acceleration and response through all gears. So even though it won't set your world on fire, you won't ever need it replacing and at least you can clear out any crap that might be lingering in there.

Also gave her a quick clean, but this is a pic from last week when I spent a good couple of hours giving her a full detail.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20180217_230036.jpg Views:	1 Size:	211.1 KB ID:	394289
                                Last edited by Funky; 17-02-2018, 23:06.

Comment

Working...
                                X