• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alcaz1wolf View Post
    no that must be it TOP MARKS
    LOL. Thanks alcaz1wolf

Comment

Originally posted by Remus View Post
      Took me 5 hours to get her looking like that. Clean from roof to underside.
      Five hours, not bad, when I set aside time to give the old BobMobile a scrub, I leave at least 3-4 hours open for it. So well done there, I don't use any of the Meguiars stuff, prefer the Dodo Juice stuff myself and like yourself, can get the outside looking like a mirror, but I always, ALWAYS f*ck up in inside of the windscreen, can never get it smear free.

Comment

Originally posted by irishRob View Post
        Five hours, not bad, when I set aside time to give the old BobMobile a scrub, I leave at least 3-4 hours open for it. So well done there, I don't use any of the Meguiars stuff, prefer the Dodo Juice stuff myself and like yourself, can get the outside looking like a mirror, but I always, ALWAYS f*ck up in inside of the windscreen, can never get it smear free.
        My i Recommend Meguair's NXT Glass Cleaner

http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/m...s-cleaner.aspx

Comment

You know what, next time I'm putting an order in I'll definitely give that one a go. I usually just use an unbranded one and then pop the old RainX Anti-mister on it, but dunno whether it's because of my wee stumpy arms, but I can never get a good angle which lets me remove everything from the inside window. *bummer*

On that note Remus, I thoroughly recommend Dodo Juice Red Mist, not only does it bring out a godly showroom shine, it also leaves the bodywork of your car smelling lovely - I kid you know, give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by Remus View Post
            Yeah i never took pictures of the microfibre wash mitt, the High Tech Applicator Pads, Even Coat Applicator Pads, Supreme shine microfibre cloth and the Meguiar's Water Magnet Drying Towel. Also 2 Meguiar's kit bags.

Did i miss anything else out?
            LOL well if you want something doing right use everything!
            Do you use two buckets to wash first with the mitts? I wont be able to get a hose near the car and not planning on using car wash as they blast it first, or letting anyone else hand wash it with who knows what stuck in there cloths.

Comment

Originally posted by dayouk View Post
              Do you use two buckets to wash first with the mitts? I wont be able to get a hose near the car and not planning on using car wash as they blast it first, or letting anyone else hand wash it with who knows what stuck in there cloths.
              Hell yeah, agree there, only my hands scrub my baby!

Personally, I use two buckets, one for the soap and one with warm water to rinse the sponge out before dipping back in the soap again. I then use the second bucket at the water to use round the edge of my wheels with my wheel brush, kills two birds you know. If you get yourself one of those multi-spray caps for the top of your hose that'll restrict the force of the water, I have it set for a nice spray to rinse the soap off when done. Does the job.

Comment

Personally, I use two buckets, one for the soap and one with warm water to rinse the sponge out before dipping back in the soap again. I then use the second bucket at the water to use round the edge of my wheels with my wheel brush, kills two birds you know. If you get yourself one of those multi-spray caps for the top of your hose that'll restrict the force of the water, I have it set for a nice spray to rinse the soap off when done. Does the job.
                Where's the best place to get it from Rob? Mine's Spotr Red so I guess the one you quoted will do for mine but does it come in other colours as well or can it be used regardless of car colour?

Comment

Yes I use 2 buckets. With the grit thing you get with them. Never posted pictures of the buckets

Comment

Where's the best place to get it from Rob? Mine's Sport Red so I guess the one you quoted will do for mine but does it come in other colours as well or can it be used regardless of car colour?

Comment

Eh, quoted for? I tend to get all my kit from http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk, although I have a mate that uses that other site listed.

I was going to order some of this stuff because I've heard some good reviews of it. While you're there, get yourself some Red Mist, I can't recommend this stuff enough - as long as you scrub the car to perfection first, you'll have a finishing shine that you'll want to eat your dinner off - guaranteed!

Comment

My DS is feeling a bit neglected now - better get hubby out there with his sponge and buckets this weekend, but it looks like he has has a hard act to follow - very sparkly Remus!

Comment

That really is a lot of stuff being used there, although I have to say, if I could get mine looking so nice with it all, it's more than worth it!

How often do you think its worth spending 4-5 hours on, because I really want to have it looking as nice as possible. I've had brand new cars before, but none I really love as much as this and can really see me keeping for a while (The last one only lasted 11 months :confused

Comment

Nice shine.
                            -I know now, Where to go. If iam going to any competion in the uk. To get my car clean:rolleyes:

Comment

Where have all the previous posts gone since 27/08?

Comment

+1 on the dodo Red Mist. I use it with the grape shampoo, not only does it leave the car shiny, it gives off a lovely smell whilst you're sweating your back out
                                cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Working...
                                X