Painted Calipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painted Calipers

Painted the calipers on the wifes new DS3 today looks dame good in red I think.
    http://s1151.photobucket.com/albums/o634/Eymard13/

Good Job

Comment

Nice, I want to do this as well, the calipers on mine are rusting and look a bit crap Any chance of a quick how to guide mate?
      DS3 DSport 150 THP

Comment

Originally posted by pat40 View Post
        Nice, I want to do this as well, the calipers on mine are rusting and look a bit crap Any chance of a quick how to guide mate?
        Pat I bought calliper paint in Halfords color matched in very well,I also painted the part of the brake disc that the wheel bolts fit into,I used hamerite silver paint on that part.Hamerite would be ok on the caliper if your not driving like Loeb every time your are out for a drive.

Jack car up I ALLWAYS put a spare wheel under the car just in case the jack might slip (you never know) one wire brush and a can off break-caliper cleaner,give the parts you want to paint a good going over with the wire brush, spray with the caliper cleaner let dry for a few moments then just paint with a fine brush job done.about two hours did the four calipers.

Comment

Looking good, got kawa green to do mine with just need to get off my arse and do it sometime.
          2012 Dsport +, white with black roof. Stubby aerial, Alloy DS3 tax disc holder, Alloy black and silver dustcaps and 3D Gel carbon affect plates. Now with kawasaki green painted brakes.

Comment

I want to do this but worried about warranty. Would it void it? And if it would, would it void the warranty only on the calipers or on the whole car?
            2010 (60 plate) DSport 110HDi
            Black striped pattern roof on black with chrome everywhere, leather, rear parking sensors & MyWay

Comment

Originally posted by jamez285 View Post
              I want to do this but worried about warranty. Would it void it? And if it would, would it void the warranty only on the calipers or on the whole car?
              At a guess, you'll probably get something about due to you taking the wheel and caliper off and the fact you're not a certified Citroen tech you may have broken something.

Due to your tampering, you caught a wire which has mis-read information from the CPU, causing the engine to overfuel which in turn clogged up the turbo.

Citroen logic.
              cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
                At a guess, you'll probably get something about due to you taking the wheel and caliper off and the fact you're not a certified Citroen tech you may have broken something.

Due to your tampering, you caught a wire which has mis-read information from the CPU, causing the engine to overfuel which in turn clogged up the turbo.

Citroen logic.
                and caused £10,000 worth of damage that they have no responsibilty for cos you painted your calipers
                Ha! Reckon DANGEROUSFISH is right............ the cynic that I am
                CBLUE
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

ive done mine minus taking off the caliper and its been back in for a service and some work to be done on it and nothings been said.

Comment

How long does caliper paint look half decent for
                    Whats it like 3 months in?
                    CBLUE
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                      How long does caliper paint look half decent for
                      Whats it like 3 months in?
                      CBLUE
                      yea, would be nice with an "after" shot, to see if its worth the bother
                      Citroën DS3 DSport THP 150 Sport yellow / Black roof

Comment

Well I did mine in gloss white over a year ago and once I put the pressure washer on them they come up as new,

I think it just depends on the amount of coats you put on them !

Comment

I'm thinking about doing the rears Red to match the fronts, but I'm not sure they will look good, would rather have matching Citroen Racing calipers.
                          DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

Arlow- I reckon it would look real good.
                            Get the same decals as the front
                            You could always paint them back to black if you didnt like
                            CBLUE
                            sigpic
                            Jog on Noddy

Comment

I still don't know whether to go black or red
                              http://db.tt/tJZ0ZQG1
                              Black on Black DSports+ THP 155 16v Custom Remap to 193BHP; 230lb/ft

Comment

Working...
                              X