No announcement yet.

My new office!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad all ok- maybe shouldav gone thru the lights (Afterthought obviously)
    Wonder if the chassis is OK- If its bent, loadsa money! (For the insurers)
    Cant see it being written off though- you'll get it back!
    CBLUE
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

I think the chassis will be fine as the impact is higher up. I was a panel beater before I was an ADI and looks good underneath.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
        Glad all ok- maybe shouldav gone thru the lights (Afterthought obviously)
        Wonder if the chassis is OK- If its bent, loadsa money! (For the insurers)
        Cant see it being written off though- you'll get it back!
        CBLUE
        Unfortunately with dual controls you can't stop people braking and the lorry should be using the two second rule and allowing for extra weight. If they had gone through the lights then may have been hit by a lorry coming the other way, lol. Red means STOP! Technically you shouldn't even cross the line to clear the way for emergency vehicles.

As I say to my learners - if you hit a vehicle I will kill you, if they hit us i'll claim lol.

Once in my yellow DS a learner chickened out suddenly at a roundabout in the wet. All I could see in the mirror was a Pajero skidding towards us. I shouted "Take your feet off the pedals!" Luckily she did and we just got punted a few feet with the bumper taking it all with no damage. Controlled stop by me before speaking very calmly to the guy behind. That girl had a habit of adding to my grey hairs.

Comment

Tell us some more

Blimey Martin- bet you got a few more stories to tell!
          You should start a thread where you and all the other Instructors on here could exchange a few (Real) funnies
          CBLUE
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by ds3adi View Post
            Unfortunately with dual controls you can't stop people braking and the lorry should be using the two second rule and allowing for extra weight. If they had gone through the lights then may have been hit by a lorry coming the other way, lol. Red means STOP! Technically you shouldn't even cross the line to clear the way for emergency vehicles.

As I say to my learners - if you hit a vehicle I will kill you, if they hit us i'll claim lol.

Once in my yellow DS a learner chickened out suddenly at a roundabout in the wet. All I could see in the mirror was a Pajero skidding towards us. I shouted "Take your feet off the pedals!" Luckily she did and we just got punted a few feet with the bumper taking it all with no damage. Controlled stop by me before speaking very calmly to the guy behind. That girl had a habit of adding to my grey hairs.
            That was the funniest bit about it, I'd just spent probably 5 or 10 minutes explaining the importance or the two second rule and then that happens.

Comment

Happy days!! It only took five and a half weeks but my car has finally been repaired and was delivered back tonight.

A bit of sweet talking to the woman at the garage and I got them to totally debadge the back for me but they've given me the badges as well incase it looks odd.

I'll Have a look in the light tomorrow and decide.

Pic's tomorrow as well!!

Comment

well done that garage and welcome back into the fold so to speak
                the de-badge should look cool
                regards ron
                have sold the racing but ive still got the ultra prestige

Comment

Yeah I just thought while they were painting it anyway it gives me the option of the clean look or I can chuck the badges back on or even sign writing it.

Comment

I went out with my daughter this morning and couldn't resist a comparison photo opportunity!

Not exactly the same but close enough to get a good idea.

I've never been a fan of badges and I think there will be a set going on ebay soon!!

Comment

Are the 'DS3' badges aligned with holes in the boot? I'm on my phone so can't see the debadged picture that well to see what is/was underneath
                      My DS3R3... nearly....
                      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

some models are some arent depends on the batch of cars made it seems some early ones are later ones arent

Comment

Mine had no holes just stuck on
                          Attached Files

Comment

My old smashed tailgate had holes, but i asked the bodyshop to fill them before repainting the new one but the new one came without holes anyway.

Comment

Working...
                            X