Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temperature sensor failure?

So, I had a busy morning.
    As usual for the last week when I started the car there was smoke and fluctuating rpm's for about 10s. (Car was booked in for the day after tomorrow) But 5 minutes later, on my way to work, I got the red STOP-icon flashing on. Turned the engine off, and I could hear the radiator fan working full power. Turned the engine back on, and noticed the temperature was maxed out. Obviously that could not have been a correct reading since I was only driving for 5 minutes and the radiator was working full power, so I drove to my dealer despite the STOP icon. (which was only a mile away from that point) I left the car there for them to sort it out. Which meant a half an hour walk home followed by a half an hour bike ride to work. Gotta love Mondays...

Yep- reckon its the temp sensor- fair few of these failing ATM isnt there
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Sounds like a temp sensor to me too. If so, should be a quick fix.
      - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
      - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Happened to mine last week, was the sensor. Once they got round to looking at it, it was a quick fix. Hope it gets sorted soon.
        Current: DS 3 Performance, Perla Nera Black with Sparkly Purple roof
        Previous: DS3 DStyle 120 VTi, Perla Nera Black with Fuchsia roof

Comment

Welcome to the club
          Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Just got a call. Temp sensor has been replaced, but they want to keep the car for at least another day, because the shudder/fluctuation in rpm at start up is still there..

Comment

So what else did they do on my car besides change the temp sensor? The receptionist wasn't very technical, but from what I could make up they fiddled with/replaced the timing chain and the tensioner. For now it runs smooth just like when I got the car almost 1.5y ago! Yay!

So after having the engine flushed in April, and now the temp sensor and timing chain (tensioner) replaced, have I collected the full set of well known THP problems?

Comment

My dealer said that they would change the chain and tensioner AND the pulleys. I was told that without changing the pulleys it's not a very long-term fix. Price? About 1000 euros.

Comment

Originally posted by FLP View Post
                  So after having the engine flushed in April, and now the temp sensor and timing chain (tensioner) replaced, have I collected the full set of well known THP problems?
                  You'll have a few more probs to come yet at a guess.

I have had temp sensor done, coil packs changed, plugs changed, turbo coolant pump replaced, rear tailgate struts replaced, inner front guard, ECU updated, and Bluetooth updated. All within a year
                  Last edited by Toxic; 10-07-2014, 20:20.
                  Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Well shit... Guess I can still call myself lucky, hearing that! :-o

Comment

Rear tailgate struts is a new one on me Toxic - did they just give up the ghost ?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Toxic View Post
                        You'll have a few more probs to come yet at a guess.

I have had temp sensor done, coil packs changed, plugs changed, turbo coolant pump replaced, rear tailgate struts replaced, inner front guard, ECU updated, and Bluetooth updated. All within a year
                        Blimey- I must be lucky then.
                        sigpic
                        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Double lucky, both your THPs have been perfect haven't they Chris ?
                          sigpic

Comment

I must be, like many others lfc
                            Must be lucky havent written mine off too eh?
                            sigpic
                            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Back on topic..

..well, almost!

My temp gauge needle doesn't flick up to max and back when I switch on, like the rev counter & speedo do. I can't remember if it's supposed to.

Still seems to work (though took ages to get higher to get above 1 bar on the way home from work yesterday (only a 6 mile drive but it usually warms up within a mile or two)
                              Shark grey / white Vti 120 DStyle ordered 2 March 2013, built 23 March 2013, collected 20 April 2013

Comment

Working...
                              X