Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESP button

Hi all,

Not sure if this is a fault or not so apologises if it's a silly question (Im not a tekky)

When I press the ESP traction button to turn it off, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't and when it does work it turns itself off again after a certain amount of time?

No car I've ever had does this so wondered if it's normal or it's a fault?

Cheers
    Using Tapatalk

Pretty sure it's speed related but a techie will be along soon no doubt!

JB

Comment

You didn't say what model you have but I think the ESP turns back on above 30 mph on all models apart from the THP and Racing.
      - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
      - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Never turned mine off before so no idea
        DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
        Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

Yep Beefy nailed it
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
            You didn't say what model you have but I think the ESP turns back on above 30 mph on all models apart from the THP and Racing.
            Correct ^
            cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Think its Electronic Stability Programme? Not sure. Turn it off and wheels spin city LOL (On THP/Race)
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

As Beefy stated, there is a page about it within the Handbook which gives you details.
                ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                Bigfeet's File Repository
                The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Sorry it's the 1.6hdi dsport 110
                  Using Tapatalk

Comment

The ESP system is all ways active giving the car maximum stability on the road so when you press the button the light comes on and you are turning the ESP off...So then if you drive like a Chav the sensors around the car turns it back on and if all goes well it stops you crashing.....But it will not help you if your trying to go round bends at 100 mph then momentum takes over and you crash......
                    E HDI 90 White black roof....called free willy.....Because it looks like a Killer Whale .... Now gone to a better place march 2012 to March 2014
                    Dstyle+ E Hdi 90 Sport Red Black roof .......The Red Barron ....

Comment

Originally posted by Tony DS3 View Post
                      it will not help you if your trying to go round bends at 100 mph then momentum takes over and you crash......
                      Waste of time then really aint it
                      sigpic
                      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Tony DS3 View Post
                        The ESP system is all ways active giving the car maximum stability on the road so when you press the button the light comes on and you are turning the ESP off...So then if you drive like a Chav the sensors around the car turns it back on and if all goes well it stops you crashing.....But it will not help you if your trying to go round bends at 100 mph then momentum takes over and you crash......
                        ESP is always active when you switch the ignition on. If you press the button to switch it off it stays off until the car's speed reaches 30mph, unless you have a THP150 (or 155) in which case it stays off, only becoming active if it's switched back on manually or when the ignition's switched back on.

Comment

Never really noticed what it does switched off, unless pulling away, or in the rain (When its best switched on)
                          Even on the track
                          sigpic
                          Jog on Noddy

Comment

I do feel the car gets off the line quicker with it turned off.
                            May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
                            October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
                            Instagram @adamds3

Comment

I always used to drive with mine off except from in the wet, IMO it gives you a much better feel of the road.
                              cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Working...
                              X