No announcement yet.

ESP button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes in my ST I always have it off as it's a far better drive, definitely need a remap these 110hdi's, 6th gear is pathetic.
    Using Tapatalk

Comment

I never have mine on. If your tyres and driving ability are alright then you don't need it. You should never need to use it if you drive properly/ responsibly.

Comment

Must remember to turn it off, then again, all the safety advice is keep it on
        Only ever turned off when whizzing round the track, and didnt notice much difference
        Look forward to giving it a go- another notelet by the car keys LOL
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

There seems to be some misunderstanding as to how ESP works. In normal driving it won't be doing anything; it will only intervene when certain parameters are exceeded, e.g. a sudden loss of grip at one wheel. Think of it as analogous to ABS - in normal braking the ABS does nothing, but if it senses a loss of grip it releases pressure on the affected wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by Oli View Post
            I never have mine on. If your tyres and driving ability are alright then you don't need it. You should never need to use it if you drive properly/ responsibly.
            Oh really.... If you are a trained race driver with license then I understand that statement, but many of us think we are driving gods but in reality none of us really know how to drive or even what to do in the event of a slide.

You do understand what the ESP part is all about? If you are driving on a track then I can understand you turning it off because if you 'fluff it' then no harm done. ESP is more to do with correcting over and under steer when the driver is caught off guard, and even the best driver in the world cannot recover from a rapid lane change.

This video explains what I mean;

This video is Fifth Gear testing the system to give you an idea of how effective it really is;
            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
            Bigfeet's File Repository
            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Changed my mind. Will think i will keep switched on as normal, other than track :cool:
              Nice one Biggie
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Regarding ESP (Electronic Stability Program), I do understand its purpose. It's designed to help correct oversteer or understeer situations when a driver loses control or encounters unexpected circumstances. It can be particularly useful in everyday driving scenarios where unexpected lane changes or sudden maneuvers may occur. Even the most skilled driver can benefit from this added layer of safety. However, I also understand that some experienced drivers may choose to turn off ESP, especially when driving on a closed track or in controlled environments. In those situations, they might prefer to have full control over the vehicle without any interference from stability programs. It's a personal preference, but one should be aware of the risks involved and have the necessary skills to handle such situations.

Comment

But I also understand why some experienced drivers may prefer to turn off ESP, especially in controlled conditions such as a closed track. In such situations, they may want to have full control of the car without the intervention of stabilization programs. It's a personal preference, really. Of course, it's important to be aware of possible risks and to make sure you have the skills to be confident in such situations. Try going to https://fairyid.com/product/arizona-fake-id/ for a driver's license they do quickly and efficiently. Ultimately, it's all about the balance between safety and personal driver preference. ESP can be a great tool for everyday driving, but if you know what you're doing and have the right skills, there may be situations in which you feel more comfortable without it. It's all about conscious choice and responsibility behind the wheel.

Comment

https://issuu.com/paperslead-reviews We Offer Perfect Solution for Your Writing Difficulties, Along with our reliable services come premium features that can be your perfect assistant in the preparation of your academic document!

Comment

Working...
                    X