Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Window Won't Close

So this is weird.

Assuming the motor is knacked. Can't get the drivers side window to close when I press for it to go all the way up . It will close if I press the button repeatedly so no immediate problem with security or owt, but a massive pain in the arse.

Anyone else had this and what did you do ?

Sounds like it could be the switch
    e-HDi 110 DSport Plus Perla Nera Black Metallic

Comment

Yeah sounds like the switch, either that or it thinks something is catching the glass so it keeps stopping.

Comment

Window is particularly mucky after the amount of miles I've done this week, and being parked under a tree at night.

Might that have owt to do with it ?

Comment

Originally posted by Eaton_Swfc View Post
          Window is particularly mucky after the amount of miles I've done this week, and being parked under a tree at night.

Might that have owt to do with it ?
          May have some sap from the tree dried on causing the problem. Give the window a good clean with glass cleaner and/or white vinegar perhaps.
          Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
          Take a pride in your ride
          @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Sounds like motor needs to re learn.
            Try this...
            Drop the window all the way down to its stop- then hold the the window down button down for 5 secs- now bring the window up in small 1cm-2cm amounts all the way to the top closed position, be careful not to the pull window switch too far and activate auto up as this will cancel the learn procedure- when the window is in the fully closed position hold the window up switch for 5 secs and release.... This should have completed the learn procedure now and operate normally.
            Might take you a few times to get it to learn,
            Hope this fixes it for you.
            White on red THP
            Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie@SPTuning View Post
              Try this...
              Drop the window all the way down to its stop- then hold the the window down button down for 5 secs- now bring the window up in small 1cm-2cm amounts all the way to the top closed position, be careful not to the pull window switch too far and activate auto up as this will cancel the learn procedure- when the window is in the fully closed position hold the window up switch for 5 secs and release.... This should have completed the learn procedure now and operate normally.
              Nice tip Jamie👍
              Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
              Take a pride in your ride
              @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Possibly the cable mechanism has become loose and blocking the full movement of the window. Mine last year had a similar issue though when opening the window it would only go down half way and then stop.
                Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

If the switch sometimes works, and the motor sometimes works, then if its not Jamies tip, then maybe just a loose wire, broken wire which hasnt completely snapped, dry solder joint etc etc. Best way to find out, get the door trim off and have a look. Good luck.
                  sigpic
                  Jog on Noddy

Comment

As Jamie said, the anti pinch has fired on the window so you need to run the reset procedure which is listed in your handbook.
                    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                    Bigfeet's File Repository
                    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie@SPTuning View Post
                      Try this...

Just tried that mate.

Its not having any of it, FFS reyt annoying !

Comment

That sound like your window somehow have gotten a high resistanse that means that the motor Will use a higher amount of torque and Will therefore stop going up i would clean the window conpletely and give some silicone spray in the "slides" were the Windows go up and down..
                        Skilled Citroen Mechanic

Have diagnostic Lexia/Diagbox Tool

Comment

The sash window repair Essex has regular help where the windows are increased with glass jambs. You need to follow this https://chameleon-decorators.co.uk/s...-repair-essex/ and learn more new ways for windows design. This system provides extra protection in the areas of expansion and insulation that is better than any frame windows.

Comment

The window not closing is something I'm very familiar with, because it's definitely a problem that seems to be persist quite a bit. It's an even bigger and more complicated problem than that of Blinds Installation NYC. Or am I wrong to suggest the same?

Comment

My 67 plate DS3 passenger window doesn’t operate from the drivers side, but works using the passenger side switch. Also the drivers window although working is making a screeching noise when it operates going up and down. Both of these are really annoying issues. Does anyone know if the model suffers from window switch problems? Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X