Coolant loss and oil top up thp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolant loss and oil top up thp

Hi all did a search for both happening but couldnt find anything. I am driving a ds3 2014 thp. Have had top the oil up after 2500 miles when the light come on. Then I have had to top up the coolant twice in the last weeks. Have also had the good old studdering every now and again. Has anyone else had all these problems. Cheers kirk

If I were you I'd call the dealers and get it looked at under warranty, losing both oil and coolant would worry me if this is still happening....
    sigpic

Comment

I top up the oil every now and again but the coolant had only dropped a few months ago. Had my THP for just over 3 years. I'd get it checked.
      May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
      October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
      Instagram @adamds3

Comment

Probably 3 x 200 mil top ups in 18 months for me.
        Never touched the water
        Take it in, not right

Hows the temperature indicator?
        Is there an oil leak? (Cardboard under the engine overnight)
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Cheers for the reply ppls.am waitting for a call for the dealer to talk about it.am not have much luck with the car the dash is starting to vibrate, there also is a loud clunking noices on the drivers side when in reverse on full lock and smell the clutch some times when reversing into the drive way. Love driving the car abit peed off that all this is happening with such low miles on the car. Not sure what my options are

Comment

Hopefully they are just niggly things once sorted, wont return. Citroen aware of rattles on the dash, they know how to deal with that.
            Did you get the car from new?
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Yeah got the car new its about 4 months old

Comment

Write a list, take it in, and make sure you get a courtesy (Pre- book one)
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Cheers chris will do. Its book for a 2 hours for problem solving. The service guy said that he would recommend that the carvsure be run on super unleaded I asked him then why does it say it in the cars manual and he had no answer lol. Have noticed on the ground oh the driveway that under the engine on the drivers side the ground is stained black which I am assuming is from oil cant see where it might be coming from but dont think its a good sign

Comment

For a THP, Premium fuel is a must i reckon- it does recommend RON 98 in the manual i think- cant remember lol
                    An oil leak (Far as i am concerned) is a good sign- means it can be fixed easy. If its burning it, then thats trouble

Put cardboard under the engine overnight for a realistic illustration
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

quick update the car is going in tomorrow for them to have a look at it so fingers cross they can sort the issues out.

Comment

I am having exactly the same problem on my 2014 DS3 THP, since this morning the "top up engine oil" warning appears on start up, and then dissappears after approx 10 secs. There is also a visible puddle under the car, of what i now know to be coolant, and not in fact oil (as it has now evaporated) The drips are forming in the centre of the car, much further back than the engine. Oil level was near min this morning, but nearly at max 2 months ago. Coolant was on min this morning, but near max 2 months ago also. I've now topped up both, but "top up engine oil" warning still persists. Can you let me know what the garage has found on your car, as the symptoms sound very similar.

Comment

Originally posted by Tdix88 View Post
                          I am having exactly the same problem on my 2014 DS3 THP, since this morning the "top up engine oil" warning appears on start up, and then dissappears after approx 10 secs. . . I've now topped up both, but "top up engine oil" warning still persists. Can you let me know what the garage has found on your car, as the symptoms sound very similar.
                          According to the handbook the oil level warning light should only stay on for a few seconds after startup. Are you getting a normal oil level showing on the dipstick?

Comment

The dipstick is showing just below max, when cold and level. Same with the coolant level. When the ignition is on, all the warning lights come on as normal, then it bleeps, the "service" and "check engine" lights remain lit for a few seconds, and on the screen it says "top up engine oil level". Could be the sensor, or quite a few people claim the warning still comes up for a few days, even after the oil has been topped up to max.

Comment

had the car in today and the was a fault code stored P1385 Variable Cam timing solenoid B Malfunction witch going by a quick search on here could be timing chain issue, turbo or carbon build up. not overly happy that this is happening on a car with 3300 miles on it. they found that the water/coolant loss was a problem with the 2 bolts/lines that feed in to the turbo. they are having to replace them.was just after i was then thinking that it could have mean that the turbo was running warmer than normal. its no booked in for 3 days on the 15th for a full inspection. cuk have stated that its under warranty work. the service dude actually said they didn't put up a fight or anything and are accepting the warranty cost which sounds to me they are fully aware of the problem. was lucky also that when the mechanic took it out he reported that the car did fell like it was down on power. fingers crossed they can fix it all.

@tdix88 will keep you informed but you should get it seen to and see if there is the same fault code stored

Comment

Working...
                              X