No announcement yet.

Coolant loss and oil top up thp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds strange an an almost new 155. But give them a chance to fix, and they orta throw in a gesture of goodwill. As other members have commented on my 155, with only warped disc as an issue after 18month, i must be lucky.

Another winter to go through yet.........THPs dont like winter LOL
    Hope all goes well Shifta- you know the build date of your car?
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Cheers chris. i think the build date was either dec 13 or jan 14

Comment

Quite a new one then ?
        sigpic

Comment

if there is loss of coolant getting to the turbo, then the turbo may also have damage to it. I'd be asking for a full check of coolant pressure and asking them to check the Turbo for excessive wear too. I know its not the dealers fault, but you need to insist that they carry out inspection on all affected components as some maybe overlooked and fail later on.
          Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

I would give them a chance to fix it, then if problems arise, tell them you want a new one!
            Shouldnt have those sort problems on a brand new car (Pretty much)
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

I had the exact same water loss problem and fault on mine After Citroen replaced the turbo under warranty. Obviously an area that requires careful attention to prevent water leaks.

Originally posted by shifta View Post
              they found that the water/coolant loss was a problem with the 2 bolts/lines that feed in to the turbo.

Comment

Just had to too my oil up, 500ml to bring it back to maximum. Despite the fact it had service at a Citroen in mid July grr

Comment

well folks just got a call from the dealer and for some strange reason looking and checking the time and all that hasnt solved the issues. they are now saying that the engine is to be talken apart and soda blasted which dont think it will help really think that there is something else going wrong.

the kicker is that it could be over a month before the part is ready and it will be in for around 1 week. i am now really thinking about rejecting the car as it only 6 months old with 3500 miles and am just not happy with this. i understand that it not going to happen straight away but can any give me any advise

Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by shifta View Post
                    well folks just got a call from the dealer and for some strange reason looking and checking the time and all that hasnt solved the issues. they are now saying that the engine is to be talken apart and soda blasted which dont think it will help really think that there is something else going wrong.

the kicker is that it could be over a month before the part is ready and it will be in for around 1 week. i am now really thinking about rejecting the car as it only 6 months old with 3500 miles and am just not happy with this. i understand that it not going to happen straight away but can any give me any advise

Many thanks
                    After my first engine blew Citroen had my car for a month. I received no compensation for the time they spent working on the car and had to endure a C1 for the entire month -_-

If they're planning on having the car for a lengthy amount of time, I'd get written confirmation on how they intend to recompense you for the time without your vehicle.

Other than that, it's how much you're happy to endure and if you'd be comfortable driving the car after it's been repaired that should dictate your actions.
                    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

i really think i am going to try and give the car back. was looking to keep the car for around 5 yrs but this has really put me off.

Comment

soooooo am going to reject the car as i have put it to the dealer that with everything that they do they still are unable to say what the has caused the problems, that are still there. they said that it will be fixed and i replied can you guarantee that it wouldnt happen again to which he couldnt. after a long convo about the car he said i have 3 options
                        1) let them fix the car but can give me a date as they are waiting on parts that MIGHT fix the car
                        2) get a new DS3
                        3) get my money back
                        atm i am really thinking about number 3. was just shocked at the fact he didnt really put up a fight about the car being returned and was trying to get me to take a new one think this shows that they are aware off the problem with them.
                        shall keep you posted

Comment

could someone point me in the direction of someone that has rejected a car and got a refund looking some advise

Cheers

Comment

Stefan.... he rejected 2 Racings no less.
                            Think he has a VXR now. He may be on facebook, Vauxhaull forums?
                            Think he has some old posts on Pistonheads forum, re his disdain with Citroen.
                            sigpic
                            Jog on Noddy

Comment

am trying to find out what i will be refund. is it just the contribution that was made from the trade in or will i get some of my month payments back.

Comment

best talk to the dealer and see what you can get. But starting point should be all the money you have spent, including anything gained in a part ex
                                sigpic
                                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                                X