No announcement yet.

stutter / judder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time had a stutter was under the following circumstances, I had accelerated flat out in 1st then 2nd then took my foot off completely for about 3 seconds, I then floored it again and it accelerated for maybe a second then stuttered before accelerating again. I had a look on the tinterweb and all I found was an article saying that under those circumstances there is an issue with air turbulence in the air filter box which can cause a stutter. The car had done less than 10k and don't stutter again until it was in the 20s.

Comment

Citroen charging you Gaz as yours is out of warranty? From what I understand their current treatment for cleaning the inlet valves is quite lengthy- some 8 hours?
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Would be better off with a walnut blast
        DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
        Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

I know I know but Citroen won't pay that for that

Comment

If they are paying for the valve clean then have it. Was talking to someone earlier today and works for Citroen, and apparently they have this 8 hour engine cleane that deals with the inlet valves. They dont remove the cylibder head he was telling me, (As they used to) so maybe its a less intrusive fix, and if its free, give it a go.
            As always, my disclaimer is that i may have picked some of the conversation up wrong
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Ye I have 6months left of the used car warranty I had with car.. so they are paying.. he said they have to pull it all apart so I am expecting it to be in for 3days hopefully I am wrong.. but they are giving me a courtesy car so not to bad

Comment

Update.. car has gone in for the carbon strip down and clean.. said it's going be 4days... So they give me a lovely c1 that does not feel safe.. and sounds like a bag of nails being shaken by a chronic masterbater and feels like it's going be blowen away on the m4.. but on the plus side it does have a lot of kit.. including a touch screen that I wish my ds3 had.. and built in dab that I also wish I had.. but overal I dropped car off at 9am and I want my ds3 back already

Comment

Good luck, a C1, even kitted out is never going to compare favourably with your DS3 is it ?
                  sigpic

Comment

I had the same problem with my car,some Citroen dealers do have the walnut blasting equipment but with there hourly rates it was cheaper for me to go to Jamie's & get him to do it which I did & have the money reimbursed,I now have other problems car well down on power error code p2178 over fuelling & ltft of 30%

Comment

That don't sound to good mark. Any ideas what's causing them

Comment

LTFT were 15%
                        SHFT were 35%
                        P2178 Mixture system too rich.
                        Measured Power output 131Hp
                        Possible causes are:
                        Cam timing out of sync.
                        Coolant temp sensor.
                        Leak in boost system.
                        Faulty O2 sensor.
                        Faulty boost sensor.
                        White on red THP
                        Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

There is a few things to check for them faults but not to bad of problems then?

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie@SPTuning View Post
                            LTFT were 15%
                            SHFT were 35%
                            P2178 Mixture system too rich.
                            Measured Power output 131Hp
                            Possible causes are:
                            Cam timing out of sync.
                            Coolant temp sensor.
                            Leak in boost system.
                            Faulty O2 sensor.
                            Faulty boost sensor.
                            Thanks for the info Jamie couldn't remember the values only that they were high have it booked in with Citroen on wed see what they come up with I'm betting on timing chain assembly & tensioner will be making the fully aware that I will be checking if the fault is fixed hopefully will replace everything till it's cured will be showing this post too give them something to work on

Comment

Just check your trims after fix, this will tell you instantly, should be looking for low figures 0-3%
                              White on red THP
                              Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

My knee is like a football :-/
                                White on red THP

Comment

Working...
                                X