No announcement yet.

Stretched Timing Belt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you have fully comp insurance, that should cover any insurance issues from the persepctive of the law for a courtesy car
    Very first line of mine is something like " any car loaned to you when in for service or warranty work"
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

It's not a case of having or not having the right insurance for the courtesy car, the vehicle is the property of the dealership and have full lawful right over it.

At the moment I would say that you have done the correct thing about speaking to Citroen, fingers crossed it all works out okay for you.
      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

From what I have been told, the original car I was given (Nissan Note) belonged to sales and they wanted/needed it back.

Anyway, Citroen called the dealer last night when I was then handing back the courtesy car... Perfect timing

They took some pushing, but I managed to get Citroen to pay 70% of the repair bill, and my dealer is going to 'sell' the replacement parts at a non retail price. All together I expect to pay roughly £350ish. It is not the full 100% I was looking for, but I need a car for my job and neither party were willing to provide a car while this was all up in the air.

The dealer has also agreed to swap out my DS3 to a different model. I do love my DS3 but as I am driving round town all day the fuel consumption is not great. Especially being an automatic.

I am going to peruse the warranty company now for the remaining 30% of the repair bill. Worth a try I suppose!

Cheers guys.

Oh, and my courtesy car now is a C4 Cactus..... Horrible to drive!

Comment

Originally posted by barbs706 View Post
          What nonsense is this you are saying, I have a Cactus and it's epic to drive!! :confused:

Comment

I'm used to my auto haha. I drive a few manuals every so often but they are a bit more forgiving than the Cactus. It is brand new so maybe it needs a few miles on the clock to loosen up!

Looks brilliant though...

Comment

Wash your mouth out!! Saying that is like kicking a puppy.

Adjust your driving style and drive in a chilled out relaxed way. They have no claim to being sporty, just relaxed quiet and comfortable.

If it's a BlueHdi100 ypu will find it brisk enough away from junctions and think the diesel pump is faulty when you next fill it up as the car has used so little diesel.

Good luck with your new car, hope it all gets sorted in a way you're happy with. Be thankful it wasn't a Ford as they won't budge If a major component fails 10 days out of warranty (own experience).

Comment

I think the Cactus is hideous
                sigpic

Comment

Expect a visit by the boys and a horses head on your pillow in the morning!

Comment

Had a look at the Cactus the other day at the dealership, its not too bad. Not sure about the bumper panels tho
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                      Had a look at the Cactus the other day at the dealership, its not too bad. Not sure about the bumper panels tho
                      Ever had that moment of horror when you head back to your car in the car park and see a great big dirty 4x4 parked next to you.....!

Comment

***Update***

I have my DS3 back! Picked it up yesterday.
                        After extensive phone calls to Citroen and the dealer, Citroen agreed to pay 85% of the costs, leaving me with £200 to pay.
                        Even though I was after 100%, I am happy with how it turned out. They also chucked in a service and valet. Probably their way of getting the £200 back!

Anyway, it didn't make any horrible notices this morning on a cold start so all seems well.

Finally, I have got ridded of that bloody cactus

Comment

...Finally, I have got ridded of that bloody cactus ...
                          May the fleas of a thousand camels infest you armpits for that insult!

Comment

Nice one Barbs- good on you for sticking to your guns
                            Shouldn't have been that much hassle tho
                            sigpic
                            Jog on Noddy

Comment

The car seems a lot quieter now on tick over. In fact you cannot even hear it.

When I am going 40ish mph, the gearbox doesn't seem to know what gear it should be in and gives really harsh changes between 3rd & 4th gear.
                              It has always done this though. It is the last thing that annoys me about the car.

Am I right to believe the 4 speed auto is a pretty ancient box? Does the gearbox use the engine oil for lubrication or does it have its own? Would a fluid change be recommended?

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                                May the fleas of a thousand camels infest you armpits for that insult!
                                It wasn't that bad. The gearbox and clutch just took some getting used to!
                                Oh, and when I was driving down a some-what bumpy road, changing the radio station or temprature was completly out of the question! My finger was everywhere on the screen.
                                My girlfriend liked the car though...

Comment

Working...
                                X