No announcement yet.

New Tyres required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With any tyre at first they feel strange but i never expeienced any issues, no sidewall scrubbing etc. As long as pressured are correct you will be fine. They have been the only tyre i know that handled snowy roads when all my work collegues got snowed in, i couldnt believe it myself as they were 15k old.

Give the 2's a try i dont think you will be dissapointed. I gave them stick on my 206 gti which originally came with goodyear eagle $1's and well worth the price
    Team Yellow not White

Comment

whatever tyre you get make sure you get the standerd 88v load rating on the 17s if anthing hapens and you havent your insurance will be void

Comment

Originally posted by gar074 View Post
        Bump!

At the risk of provoking more criticism of my driving ability in the snow from Biggie, has anyone replaced their Potenzas with anything else yet?

I've had a nail through one of my rears, and it's not repairable. Currently running on the spare, pending replacement.

As both fronts will need replacing sometime soon anyway, I'm thinking I'll get all 4 done, as I don't want to run different tread patterns etc on the same axle.

I'm tempted by Toyos (T1R), which I used on an Ibiza Cupra. They had great grip, but wore v. quickly and were a bit noisy.

My local tyre place has recommended Uniroyal Rainsports as good all-rounders, but they have v soft sidewalls (unlike the Potenzas, which have the stiffest side-walls of any tyre I've ever known), and I don't want to lose the tautness around tight bends, roundabouts etc that a stiff sidewall gives.

I've looked at loads of tyre reviews online, but tyre performance seems to vary with the power, setup and weight distribution of each model, so a tyre that's fine in one car may perform less well in another.

What I'm looking for is user feedback from DS3 owners. I'm far from convinced that the Potenzas can't be improved upon.

I'm not necessarily looking for a cheap alternative to the Potenzas (although cheaper = good if there's no loss of performance), as I reckon it's a false economy. I'm putting close to £100 pw into the tank of my THP at the moment (daily commute of 120+ miles) , so a few quid saved on tyres, viewed over the life of the tyre, is a drop in the proverbial.

Jesus wouldnt a diesel have been better doing all those miles a day, thats about 30k a year!
        Also I like Mitchelin energy savers cos they are good for fuel consumption! but then again i am coming from an economy angle

Comment

it all depends on how much your willing to pay michelin are the best by far but you pay for the privelage. other top tyres include contis and bridgestone. i had pirellli p zeros on my c2 but didnt have chance to see how they lasted but very grippy which seemed to be middle of price range. try a search for lassa for a good budget tyre.

Comment

Shop about and you will get a good tyre at a good find, just stay clear of the ditchfinders just for the dake of a few pounds. As for wear, the higher the treadwear index number the better.
            Team Yellow not White

Comment

Originally posted by pauljack View Post
              Jesus wouldnt a diesel have been better doing all those miles a day, thats about 30k a year!
              I didn't plan on having to do so much commuting when I bought it !

I reckon the THP costs me around £25 extra in fuel per week over a diesel, & for the moment I'll happily pay the extra for the sheer fun that it provides.

Comment

EVO magazine (may 2011 page 139) changed their fast fleet DS3 tyres for Continental ContiSportContact 3s and rate them better than the standard Potenzas.

Comment

I have the Continental Contact's on my current Mercedes SLK (albeit staggered's, but it is rear wheel drive) and they're very good -quiet too, although not cheap!!

Comment

Working...
                  X