Issues with DS3, advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
    what we don't know is the failure rate for the engine, be interesting to know how many are on the road compared to those that have failed
    Would be very interesting to know this. I know there's a poll on here but it's probably a bit biased as a result of people who have had problems coming to this site looking for information. I didn't know about the engine issues when I bought mine but I'm a bit paranoid about it now: even to the extent of already thinking about selling mine before my twelve month warranty expires. Would be a shame as I really love the car. Twenty six thousand miles and no issues so far.

Comment

In comparison to the DS3 Racing edition the THP 150/155 issues are much less, and relatively speaking very few

The later the model you have on the THPs (The 150 from late 2009, then 155 round Jan 2012) the less issues. Just the carbonisation which will happen to every GDI engine on the road.

There are some owners on here with early 150s that have never had a problem, and my first THP150 got to 26,000 miles and no issues (And it had been remapped for most those miles)

So wouldn't worry too much

The amount of major issues with the THP 155 on this forum you could count on one hand
      Last edited by Chris_Blue; 20-12-2014, 13:06.
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

My 150 has been spot on until fuel pump very recently...30k in
        Oh, also it needed walnut blast which is done...so much smoother
        White on red THP
        Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Sorry to bump an old thread....

Be gentle, not been here long!

Seems my 19,000 mile peugeot 3008 thp has the same issues and its a 64 plate. The curse of the prince engine strikes again.
          Is there a solution? Is there a definite cause?

The things i have discovered so far....

the oil seems thin. WAAAAAAY too thin. I'm told it runs on 0-30. I dont like the fact it seems to drain out of the tensioner from stopping the engine in the evening to
          the turn of the key in the morning (sounding like its got no oil at all!!!). The thin oil is apparently to help reduce the build up of burned on crud on the intake valves through the
          breather system. Mines already had a hesitation fault where they replaced a boost sensor. I can only assume that these two are related....

Weak spring on the tensioner.
          Its in next week for new chains, tensioner, guides etc,etc. When its out of warranty (december) i will be installing a pair of catch cans and using thicker (fully synth) oil.

Oh how i long for a cam belt...
          Last edited by egon; 19-07-2017, 13:55.

Comment

Working...
          X