Latest catch can empty on my THP 155

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan265 View Post
    Czar...What do you think of the solution "close the pcv completely and let out a tube only from the top of the valve cover?"
    I ask you this because you give us a very complete explain about pcv and how it works on ds3...
    Thanks a lot..
    I am in no way as thoughtful as Czar but it will work if, 1 you don't care about the environment, 2 having to change it back for inspection, 3 willing to put up with the stink and it does stink, 4 willing to put up with the mess and it does make a mess.
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by dan265 View Post
      Czar...What do you think of the solution "close the pcv completely and let out a tube only from the top of the valve cover?"
      I ask you this because you give us a very complete explain about pcv and how it works on ds3...
      Thanks a lot..
      Originally posted by cyclone View Post
      I am in no way as thoughtful as Czar but it will work if, 1 you don't care about the environment, 2 having to change it back for inspection, 3 willing to put up with the stink and it does stink, 4 willing to put up with the mess and it does make a mess.
      Further to what cyclone has pointed out;

Where in the camshaft cover do you propose to install this vent tube ?

And how do you propose to control the oil loss which will be blown out of you're proposed vent tube ?
      Performance Powered By Thought
      Engineered Horsepower

Comment

Have removed my catch can for a few weeks
        Start up is a bit lumpy till engine warms up- probably imagination

Having had to get the inlet valves cleaned at 19k, makes you wonder the worth of the catch can
        Will still put it back on tho
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Czar View Post
          Further to what cyclone has pointed out;

Where in the camshaft cover do you propose to install this vent tube ?

And how do you propose to control the oil loss which will be blown out of you're proposed vent tube ?
          Here in Italy some guys just put a vent tube on right pcv up on the valve cover(where is connected with turbine intake) and let oil go out over street and put cap to close all other pcv holes...i think this is not right way to do this..just because i think all sistem is like a pump for front and back pcv holes

Comment

Working...
          X