No announcement yet.

Coolant Temp Sensor Failure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to bring this thread back from the dead, I'm wondering whether I should be worried.

I just went for a short drive and when I got out of the car I noticed the fan was still running for 2 or 3 minutes after turning off the engine. I've never actually known this to happen with my engine (the old 2013 1.2 vti) even on the hottest of summer days.
    The air temperature today wasn't anything particularly special, around the 10ºc mark so I'm wondering whether I should be worried here?

I'll keep an eye on it over the next few days but given what we know about the temperature sensor I'm fearing mine may be about to go.

Comment

Sounds like it could be the sensor. When mine went, it did that (with the temp gauge reading max all the time and the 'engine fault' light showing). As long as you're sure the engine isn't really too hot (ie water level OK & not boiling over, oil level OK & no other warning lights on) I'd say it was safe to ignore until you can get it looked at. I assume it will still be under warranty, as a 2013 car.

Disclaimer
      The views expressed are not necessarily those of the management (and may be complete b*ll*cks)
      E&OE
      May contain nuts
      Shark grey / white Vti 120 DStyle ordered 2 March 2013, built 23 March 2013, collected 20 April 2013

Comment

Yep still under warranty and everything. I'll keep an eye on it, I've got a Citroen approved garage up the road from my office so if I notice any other symptoms I'll get it looked at before it completely fails.

Comment

I have a ds3 dsport temp goes up to normal until you drive then goes to cold replaced housing

Comment

My car has gone in for the same
            thing except my coolant leaked.. they first thought it was the water pump and now they think it’s head gasket. It’s being sent off on Friday for a diagnostics test.. will keep updated

Comment

Originally posted by Ds3-girl View Post
              My car has gone in for the same
              thing except my coolant leaked.. they first thought it was the water pump and now they think it’s head gasket. It’s being sent off on Friday for a diagnostics test.. will keep updated
              Try opening the oil cap and look inside (also under the cap) if the oil seems like milkshake, undoubtely is the head gasket.

Comment

Working...
              X