THP 155 vs 165 - Under the hood question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THP 155 vs 165 - Under the hood question

Hi guys. I was wondering if anyone knew whether under the hood, is the 165 exactly the same as the 155? I'm talking in terms of air filters, placement of all pipework and bits and bobs.

Just wondering as when looking for any parts, literally everywhere I look only mentions the 155. I just wanted to know if they were going to be suitable still for the 165 if I decided to purchase.

Thank you.
    2015 DS3 DSport Plus 1.6 165thp - Evil Edition Mk2 - 176bhp

Is this the time when we start pulling our cars apart in the carpark at Gaydon just to see what fits where?
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Not sure but I'm happy to compare when your new one arrives.
      - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
      - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Some parts are going to be the same but other design elements of the engine are new, best to hold on until parts arrive specific for the 165.
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
          Some parts are going to be the same but other design elements of the engine are new, best to hold on until parts arrive specific for the 165.
          Thank you

Comment

What is interesting is the new anti-tamper system built into the ECU.
            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
            Bigfeet's File Repository
            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Give Jamie a week
              cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

That sounds rather interesting. Not that I was looking at a remap, but would that also affect using things like Torque Pro too?

Comment

BMW have been doing that for ages but it only tends to stop obd access for remaps and it doesn't take long for a hands on ecu direct remap to appear

Comment

Originally posted by Wes79 View Post
                    That sounds rather interesting. Not that I was looking at a remap, but would that also affect using things like Torque Pro too?
                    Unlikely. Torque pro is a read-only. It doesn't make any changes to the ECU, just reads values from it.
                    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

I will take a pic of my engine when i get home for ya wes.

have notice that there is breather pipe coming out of the top of the air filter housing the filter itself looks the same but i dont think that the forge induction kit will still work
                      The forge bov adopter that i bought for the thp 155 fits perfect. have noticed that it sound like its staying open longer that on the 155
                      The only other thing that i have is that the battery bigger prob due to the start stop system.

Comment

Think my torque pro offers the ability to delete fault codes
                        Not that I would want it too- took it in with about a dozen on it recently

Torque pro certainly good for saving the fault codes you get
                        sigpic
                        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by shifta View Post
                          I will take a pic of my engine when i get home for ya wes.

have notice that there is breather pipe coming out of the top of the air filter housing the filter itself looks the same but i dont think that the forge induction kit will still work
                          The forge bov adopter that i bought for the thp 155 fits perfect. have noticed that it sound like its staying open longer that on the 155
                          The only other thing that i have is that the battery bigger prob due to the start stop system.
                          That's awesome. Thank you

Comment

there ya go chum.

Comment

That's brilliant, thank you.

Comment

Working...
                              X