No announcement yet.

Engine 'break-in' period

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with the article ; I used to race biikes and sell them, biggest thing to remember with any engine warm it up first before giving it the berries!
    I couldn't fix yer brakes so I made your horn louder!

Comment

Just don't do this from cold!!!

Comment

I followed the 'thrash it' from day one principle on the Wife's little 1.2L Fiat 500 and I now feel it's pretty bloody quick for what it is. A firm believer in that article listed above, same with the one about bedding in new brakes too....................................

http://www.zeckhausen.com/bedding_in_brakes.htm

Stef
        2 X Citroen DS3 Racings - Both rejected

Comment

bedding in engines is for extreme engines i.e amg msport and motorbike engines, all engines that are designed to push the boundaries of performance. i really wouldnt worry about bedding in your engine too much. engines nowadays are designed to last a long time, obviously there are exceptions. i would say your dealer is being far too cautious. afterall how is any dealer going to prove that you havent bedded it in correctly therefore affecting your warranty?

Comment

Originally posted by nicksharp400 View Post
            afterall how is any dealer going to prove that you havent bedded it in correctly therefore affecting your warranty?
            Someone might post a video on YouTube of you revving the nuts off it lol

Comment

always best to drive it how you intend to from day 1

I've been to both the Nissan and Toyota factories and seen them drive cars straight off the line, they are all driven hard, and none have been PDI'd

also at Toyota every 20th car or so gets a trash round the handling track, including getting driven over cobbled sections and round the banked turns, they don't run them in

Comment

Working...
              X