Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Broda View Post
    UPDATE!

Showed 9 Fault codes for stupid stuff like, towing hitch lol, got a misfire in cylinder 3, will replace the plugs and see if it occurs again, any reccomendations on plugs?
    These threads should help:

http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....3R-spark-plugs

http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....15-Spark-Plugs

http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....he-spark-plugs

cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

It turned out to be the turbo valve and they replaced it under warranty! Just hoping I have no more problems with it! No other car matches up to my baby! X

Comment

Regarding TorquePro, Jamie is right. It cannot access fully the DS3 ECU.
        It could read hardly any codes on my Racing even if I had CEL lid. If you want to maintain your car self, get DiagBox/Lexia, otherwise take your car somewhere (i.e. dealer, indy) with proper tools.
        Citroën DS3 Racing 2011 Polar White
        ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
        sigpic

Comment

Just read this forum and this matches what I had, THP = Troublesome Horrible Performance.

If you use the car for short drives about the city, it will/has coke'd up the piston valves around 15-20k miles on the odometer, I had the misfire on 1,3,4 cylinders and superknock, turned out the valves were sooty, so was the excessive exhaust soot a tell tale sign on these engines. Mechanic said 894 quid to fix, 6 hour job sandblasting the valves and two oil changes, decide to just reset the warning and cut my losses, sell the car.
          Temporary Car -Toyota Aygo
          New Car - Nissan Pulsar 1.6 Techna with forward radar, heated seats, 360 around view, full leather, reverse, front and side cameras, start stop, sat nav, cruise, active city brake, lane departure warning, self parking,everything but make the morning tea!
          The Yellow "menace" - DS3 Dsport Plus 1.6 THP 150 - Sport Yellow/Black Roof/Chrome Mirrors - SOLD

Comment

Sounds like it needs a walnut blasting

Comment

Speak to Jamie on the forums, he has walnut blasted plenty of THPs on here (inc mine) and charges about a third of that. Two oil changes???? sounds bollox to me.

The valves carbonising is common to all THP engines in all the makes and models that use that engine.

I have a 150 THP and apart from a walnut blasting and a new HPFP have not had a single issue with the engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Broda View Post
                UPDATE!

Showed 9 Fault codes for stupid stuff like, towing hitch lol, got a misfire in cylinder 3, will replace the plugs and see if it occurs again, any reccomendations on plugs?
                Did you fix the problem? I got excactly the same problem and fault code on my car! "Combustion misfiring on cylinder 3 fault". I'm gonna try and change th spark plugs and fuel filter tomorrow and hope for the best BTW hi boys and girls, I'm new here Love Citroën and my 2011 DS3 THP.
                Last edited by kenna88; 25-10-2016, 17:50.

Comment

There is no fuel filter on THP
                  White on red THP
                  Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie@SPTuning View Post
                    There is no fuel filter on THP
                    Haha ok one less thing to worry about I guess.

Comment

There is a fuel filter of sorts but it's part of the fuel lift pump inside the tank.
                      White on red THP
                      Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Working...
                      X