Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In was hoping for a touch screen, with a chance to pick up emails etc

Comment

are there any bigger head units you can put in at all? i have seen the pioneer ones ect but there doesnt appear to be fancier like a touch unit or anything.

Comment

They do a few it be at a / . Like the one above so slight overhang. Needs to be a one din

Comment

could it be an idea to use something like a small android tablet/ipad mini? if you have one which uses 3g and connected it to the bluetooth you would be able to make calls, stream music/radio, video, use the music saved on the device and use the maps feature. you can get a mount for them that actually sits in the cd slot and its therefore detachable, you also wouldnt have to change any connectors as it would work the same your phone.

Comment

Originally posted by bkwhoper View Post
            could it be an idea to use something like a small android tablet/ipad mini? if you have one which uses 3g and connected it to the bluetooth you would be able to make calls, stream music/radio, video, use the music saved on the device and use the maps feature. you can get a mount for them that actually sits in the cd slot and its therefore detachable, you also wouldnt have to change any connectors as it would work the same your phone.
            And if you did not have a 3g enabled ipad/android tablet you could either use your phones hotspot or get a mifi portable box to keep in the car.

Comment

Ah cool, I'll have a play around see what I come up with

Comment

Originally posted by mattbaker23.mb View Post
                Ah cool, I'll have a play around see what I come up with
                http://shop.ee.co.uk/dongles/pay-mon...oosePlanAnchor
                http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-...item1c4ac49aa7

then you would just find a way of hiding the charging whire so you didnt have to take it out and charge every day. something that im now looking to do so i will keep you informed if i go ahead with it

Comment

Ive already got that planned I have my own mifi.

Comment

Cool, so really if you have a tablet then or pick up a cheap one you could just find a way of running the aux cable and charing lead so that they cant be seen and then you will have a set up which is pretty cool i would say

Comment

Hide within glovebox whilst running a cable under the trim to cigarette USB hub. So can turn off and is accessible

Comment

Looking forward to it

Comment

Hide within glovebox whilst running a cable under the trim to cigarette USB hub. So can turn off and is accessible
                          great idea, i might give it a try over the next few days just to see how effective it is, just order a few bits offline first

Comment

Comment

My suggestion would be similar:

1. Remove the handbrake trim in full (should just pop out)
                              2. Velcro sticky pad the back of the phone and the inside wall of the plastic handbrake housing
                              3. Wire cables from cigaretter port to charger

Out of sight, easily accessible and constantly charged.
                              cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1094.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	359616Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1096.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	359617

Just a quick basic prototype made in my lunch break

Comment

Working...
                                X