Will any old space saver do for a DS3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by john55810uk View Post
    I would have thought that the spare wheel option would have been instead of the puncture repair kit thingy, not as an addition to it, so wouldn't that car then have NO spare wheel or repair kit.

The compressor is quite useful in its own right though.

I was trying to say that if a dealer tacked an order for a spare wheel kit onto a customer's order isn't it quite likely that the puncture repair kit wouldn't be supplied.
    Thats right John, all we did was replace the kit with a spare one that we had.

Hmmm.. unless your dealer is sneaky then maybe this might not work after all...
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
      Thats right John, all we did was replace the kit with a spare one that we had.

Hmmm.. unless your dealer is sneaky then maybe this might not work after all...
      ah yes but see my idea above. Needs a lot of trust and cooperation on both sides but could work.

Comment

Yep, it's the dazzling Sport Red/Black roof. I couldn't visualise MY DS3 in any other combo, toyed with the Cherry but I think it's more maroon than red. Luckily saw both reds in the showroom, there was no contest.
        Black leather seats too.
        Just............................................pe rfect.:-)

Comment

The only thing is if your dealer would do this is to give the dealer your repair kit to be placed into the 'donor' DS3.

*DOH*

Sorry didn't read post above.

Comment

Originally posted by hrdirector View Post
            ... so I am waiting patiently to see if Bigfeet76 takes my earlier bait!
            Lol! I did see your comment, I could look into it when we order fresh stock if your still needing, the only thing is postage to you...

Comment

Glad i could help a little bit You can still take into consideration wheels with an offset of upto 5mm deviation from the ds3's offset of 27 anything more than that and they could foul the suspension etc or need spacers and tbh i've had a fruitless search myself. I've even been around a few local scrapyards with no luck, i haven't given up yet but i'll probably end up going the ripoff local dealer route.
              I did ask when i was down there the othernight whether they could sort something out for me ie doing a swap but they weren't that interested ...everything was all sugar coated to get me to buy the car but now it's all signed for etc they don't want to know lol.
              Suzuki Rgv 250, Cruddy Corsa, Cruddy Astra, 56 Corsa D, 09 Fiesta Mk7, 59 Fiesta Mk7, 10 Swift Sport, 11 DS3 Hdi White Edition >> 61 DS3 e-Hdi Dstyle Plus Sport Yellow with corroding bellone's as standard<<

Comment

Like a salmon to a fly you took it! Well done. I thought silence said everything (until I read this).

Of course I'd be willing to pay postage (have you any idea of weight or what that would be to York area?) but would the price you quoted be for just the space saver and tyre or the other accessories that go with it ie. jack (didn't get one in DS3 with goo), brace (not worried too much if this isn't included); wheel cap remover (or did I get one with the compressor/sealant kit - I'll have to check) and dare I ask the foam kit (though again not dying a death for it either). If you need my sealand kit/compressor to give to your new DS3 owner I could post it on to you?

Whereabouts in that place north of that wall called Adrian er sorry Hadrian are you (oops I hope I haven't just shot myself in the foot with that last half sentence?!). I travel up through SW bonnie when I drive to Northern Ireland (A75). Will be going that way at the beginning of April. What are the chances of you working at say Dumfries and my meeting up with you en route? Probably got more chance of winning this week's lotto. Still don't ask, don't get is my motto!
                Last edited by hrdirector; 10-03-2011, 18:13.

Comment

Originally posted by studly View Post
                  Glad i could help a little bit You can still take into consideration wheels with an offset of upto 5mm deviation from the ds3's offset of 27 anything more than that and they could foul the suspension etc or need spacers and tbh i've had a fruitless search myself. I've even been around a few local scrapyards with no luck, i haven't given up yet but i'll probably end up going the ripoff local dealer route.
                  I did ask when i was down there the othernight whether they could sort something out for me ie doing a swap but they weren't that interested ...everything was all sugar coated to get me to buy the car but now it's all signed for etc they don't want to know lol.
                  Thx again. Useful to know the offset of 27 can deviate by up to 5mm - so does that mean anything within 22-32mm range ie either way - + or - 5mm?

So a direct competitor for said wheel on Ebay?!

Comment

Aye 22-32mm for the ds3, the 5mm deviation is not set in stone it's just that the offset can also have an affect on handling aswell if it varies too much from the correct offset, so 5mm either way is "usualy" ok. Where possible it's always best to physicaly have the wheel to try out for fit but for instance if there was one on ebay that had the correct pcd and bore size but the offset was within +/- 5mm and was cheap enough i myself would take a risk on it but it would have to be at the right price. At the end of the day i just find it incredible that they don't even supply a jack and wheel brace so you can take your wheel off if you need to, every other car i've had which has had the craptastic puncture repair kit has always included a jack and brace.
                    Suzuki Rgv 250, Cruddy Corsa, Cruddy Astra, 56 Corsa D, 09 Fiesta Mk7, 59 Fiesta Mk7, 10 Swift Sport, 11 DS3 Hdi White Edition >> 61 DS3 e-Hdi Dstyle Plus Sport Yellow with corroding bellone's as standard<<

Comment

my car doesnt have space saver as standard but i told my salesman i didnt want it unless it had it..... long story short i got it free of charge.

Comment

Did you have any luck with this wheel ?

Comment

Working...
                        X