No announcement yet.

Headlight help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They were fine before you changed bulbs? Change back and see what happens, may just have a shit bulb.

That adjustment wheel in the car should not be used for this kind of adjustment. It is just if you have a bunch of weight in the boot making it squat down in the back therefore blinding everyone else with your lights that would now shine up instead of forwards. Put it back to "0" and keep it there.
    Last edited by cyclone; 30-09-2015, 13:53.
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

It's just possible that the new bulb is faulty; may be worth trying another bulb to check if that cures the problem.

Comment

Great minds and all that
        Originally posted by cyclone
        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
        Originally posted by Broda
        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
          They were fine before you changed bulbs? Change back and see what happens, may just have a shit bulb.

That adjustment wheel in the car should not be used for this kind of adjustment. It is just if you have a bunch of weight in the boot making it squat down in the back therefore blinding everyone else with your lights that would now shine up instead of forwards. Put it back to "0" and keep it there.
          I've changed them to a brighter whiter bulb so it's more noticeable now so I'm not entirely certain if this problem was there before or not, it's not the bulb because if you look at the reflectors when it's set at 0 on the steering wheel the gaps on the left are different to the ones on the right and that is what was leading me to think it needs adjustment, it's not miles out but I suppose a few mm's makes a massive difference when it's reflecting back, and I would say when you change it to 3 they move exactly the same distance up

Comment

Just been out to the car and the adjustment screw hits you in the face, moved it a little so it's definitely gonna be an easy fix, just waiting for it to go dark then I can line them up properly thanks for all the advise everyone,
            Last edited by Coreybops; 30-09-2015, 16:57.

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
              Great minds and all that
              Something I've learned in a lifetime in engineering - if there's a new problem the first thing to look at is the last thing you changed.

Comment

Just a note. Usually the driver's side headlight points more "forward" so the headlights are not symmetrical. Not to the point of blinding of course.

Comment

Originally posted by pmatil View Post
                  Just a note. Usually the driver's side headlight points more "forward" so the headlights are not symmetrical. Not to the point of blinding of course.
                  It was my passenger side that was pointing up on this occasion

Comment

Working...
                  X