Firmer steering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firmer steering

Does any one on here know how to tighten the steering up a bit?

The first ds3 I had was perfect. However this one feels so light.
    I make cars go quicker then take photos of them.
    Genuine Alientech Kess V2 & K-Tag

Do they have different engines ? The two diesels I've owned both have v similar steering and it's firm, maybe the additional weight of the engine helps with this ?

I don't believe you can adjust the affect of the power assisted steering for personal tastes
    sigpic

Comment

Are the tyre pressures OK? AFAIK over inflated tyres can make the steering feel light. Or maybe different tyres from your other DS3?
      Shark grey / white Vti 120 DStyle ordered 2 March 2013, built 23 March 2013, collected 20 April 2013

Comment

The steering is an electrical unit so I would say that it wasn't possible.
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I have just tried some other wheels+tires (OZ Racing with NANKANG tires) on my DS3r and the steering felt very different!
          DS3 Racing | Matt Orange | eTuners Stage III+ | Wössner Forged Pistons | Bastuck De-Cat Exhaust | Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit | AEM Water/Methanol Injection | Motul 300V Competition Oil | Mahle Coated Bearings | Cylinder Head Porting | 100 Octane Juice

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
            The steering is an electrical unit so I would say that it wasn't possible.
            It is possible. I've driven cars which had the facility to configure different steering setting, but of course it's got to be built into the ECU software & may need additional hardware.

Comment

Working...
            X