Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011 THP - second engine in 2 yrs but this time I have to pay!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 THP - second engine in 2 yrs but this time I have to pay!!

Hi,

Anyone else experienced engine problems with the THP engine and what did Citroen do about it?

I have a 2011 THP and in April 2014 the engine started mistiming and the repair was a new engine, which Citroen paid my dealer to do as it was two months under warranty.

Skip to last week and the same thing happens again but this time when I check what their warranty on a replacement engine is, Citroen inform me that is is only to the end
    of the original manufacturers warranty which in this case is only two months as that ended in June 2014.

I have had the new engine 2yrs and 1 month and done 9000 miles on it (I work from home a lot) and Citroen are prepared to pay 65% of the costs of another engine on a
    'good-will basis' but I will still have to find almost £3000! I feel that this cannot be right (though possibly legal as part of contract) and wondered if anyone had similar experiences
    and had any joy at getting Citroen to do the (morally) right thing?

Any information or advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.

My car has been at the dealer for over 2 months now. Needs a new engine too, did 3 years and 26000 miles on it. Citroen didn't want to pay anything at first, but I've put an independent expert on the case, who agreed that this can not be right. Still waiting for an answer from Citroen..

Comment

Hi sorry to hear. Still wrangling with Citroen and will post on eventual outcome, though not looking good!

Comment

Pay it then sell. or get a used THP engine for about £900 and sell
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
        X