No announcement yet.

Ds3 THP ESP/ASR fault when Low Fuel - Heater pipes warming - Oil consumption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ds3 THP ESP/ASR fault when Low Fuel - Heater pipes warming - Oil consumption

Hi guys. My Ds3 thp is 82K kilometers. I have many issues but not i want to ask you three of them.

1) When low fuel light is on, my car gives ESP/ASR fault. I don't understand why. They are not related to each other.

2) Driver side buttom corner is always heating and it heats interior of my car.
    I checked the plastic parts installed on the heater matrix pipes (above and right of my right foot) , it's always hot, even A/C is off and fan is off. The pipes are always hot, so it makes car interior
    always hot. Is it normal ? Or is there a problem?

3) Periodic maintenance has been performed couple mounths ago. Timing chain, seals, filters, oil ... etc have been replaced. But after every 3-4k kilometers, low oil
    light is on. I am adding 0,75-1lt oil. I don't understand why it's consuming oil.

Can you help me for these?

up...

Comment

down...
      Originally posted by cyclone
      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
      Originally posted by Broda
      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

shake it all around
        @mike_lowsocial

Comment

Ahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by d_darko View Post
            Hi guys. My Ds3 thp is 82K kilometers. I have many issues but not i want to ask you three of them.

1) When low fuel light is on, my car gives ESP/ASR fault. I don't understand why. They are not related to each other.

2) Driver side buttom corner is always heating and it heats interior of my car.
            I checked the plastic parts installed on the heater matrix pipes (above and right of my right foot) , it's always hot, even A/C is off and fan is off. The pipes are always hot, so it makes car interior
            always hot. Is it normal ? Or is there a problem?

3) Periodic maintenance has been performed couple mounths ago. Timing chain, seals, filters, oil ... etc have been replaced. But after every 3-4k kilometers, low oil
            light is on. I am adding 0,75-1lt oil. I don't understand why it's consuming oil.

Can you help me for these?
            1. Have you run any diagnostics to pull out the Engine management codes? This should shed more light on the cause.

2. It's not normal, I'd recommend tracing the pipes that are hot to see what they are for

3. What model DS3?
            cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
              1. Have you run any diagnostics to pull out the Engine management codes? This should shed more light on the cause.
              2. It's not normal, I'd recommend tracing the pipes that are hot to see what they are for
              3. What model DS3?
              1)I have an ELM327, i checked the fault codes, i saw "P0313-Motor, Misfire Detected with low fuel" and "B2AAA- Body".
              2)I don't know why they are always hot. Espesially when i drive fast with high revs, car inside is getting hotter due to these pipes. Can it be related with thermostat?
              I have replaced the thermostat couple months ago.
              3)2011, Ds3 1.6 Thp Dsport, 156hp. No mods, only K&N cold air intake.

Comment

This is a generic powertrain code, which means it covers all makes/models, 1996-newer. However, specific troubleshooting steps will vary depending on the vehicle. Code P0313 refers to an engine misfire under low fuel conditions. It is one of a few ambiguous codes on a vehicle, which if taken at face value, diagnosed and corrected seems straightforward enough.

The code is set when the computer --through signals from a range of sensors -- determines that the engine miss is due to a lean (to much air and not enough fuel) condition. If the fuel level is low enough to uncover the fuel pump, sporadic pressure surges due to the pump's inability to pick up the remaining fuel will cause a "Lean" condition. In all likelihood you have either lowered the fuel level to low before refilling, or you have a legitimate fuel delivery problem. If the fuel system proves to be working properly, several other mechanical failures can cause this scenario.

Read more at: https://www.obd-codes.com/p0313

----

Try returning back to stock and see if the fault continues.

It could also be a sign that your fuel pump is on it's way out.
                cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
                  This is a generic powertrain code, which means it covers all makes/models, 1996-newer. However, specific troubleshooting steps will vary depending on the vehicle. Code P0313 refers to an engine misfire under low fuel conditions. It is one of a few ambiguous codes on a vehicle, which if taken at face value, diagnosed and corrected seems straightforward enough.

The code is set when the computer --through signals from a range of sensors -- determines that the engine miss is due to a lean (to much air and not enough fuel) condition. If the fuel level is low enough to uncover the fuel pump, sporadic pressure surges due to the pump's inability to pick up the remaining fuel will cause a "Lean" condition. In all likelihood you have either lowered the fuel level to low before refilling, or you have a legitimate fuel delivery problem. If the fuel system proves to be working properly, several other mechanical failures can cause this scenario.

Read more at: https://www.obd-codes.com/p0313

----

Try returning back to stock and see if the fault continues.

It could also be a sign that your fuel pump is on it's way out.
                  Thanks... I don't understand the relation between ESP and fuel level.

Comment

There isn't one, p0313 must not be an issue in that case.
                    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

You didn't give an ESP fault code though? What exactly is happening? Can you get a photo?

edit: also, the B2AAA- Body fault code seems to be an EGR Temp sensor code.

The internet thinks misfire is causing you to run lean so throwing misfire code and the egr code and the internet recommends you change plugs then consider getting valves cleaned.
                      Last edited by mjogreen; 25-10-2016, 09:07.
                      @mike_lowsocial

Comment

Originally posted by mjogreen View Post
                        You didn't give an ESP fault code though? What exactly is happening? Can you get a photo?

edit: also, the B2AAA- Body fault code seems to be an EGR Temp sensor code.

The internet thinks misfire is causing you to run lean so throwing misfire code and the egr code and the internet recommends you change plugs then consider getting valves cleaned.
                        My mind is confusing
                        Let me explain: i am driving my car, my car has low fuel, then "low fuel" light turns on, then after "ESP/ASR fault" turns on. That's all. I mean "low fuel=ESP fault"

Do you mean B2AAA means EGR temp sensor fault?

Comment

Regardless of the fault you're seeing displayed on the screen, the engine management codes will provide you better information as to what's causing the errors.

Remedy those first and then let us know if the issue is still occurring.
                          cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Do you mean B2AAA means EGR temp sensor fault?
                            yes.

your fault codes therefore read you have a misfire and egr temp sensor fault. but the B2AAA Body could be caused by the misfire causing car to run lean. sort out the misfire first then see if egr temp sensor is faulty.

could just be a case of needing to replace plugs.
                            @mike_lowsocial

Comment

Originally posted by mjogreen View Post
                              yes.

your fault codes therefore read you have a misfire and egr temp sensor fault. but the B2AAA Body could be caused by the misfire causing car to run lean. sort out the misfire first then see if egr temp sensor is faulty.

could just be a case of needing to replace plugs.
                              I don't know why there is misfire. All filters, spark plugs and induction coils are new (3 or 4 months ago). Maybe there is carbon build-up on the valves. I will try Seafoam or Tunap 133.

Ah, i remember now, there is a problem with first oxygen sensor on the cat. It's heater circuit also gives a fault. The sensor is working but only heater circuit in it is not working.

Comment

Working...
                              X