thp fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thp fan

just got my 2011 THP delivered, everything seemed fine. i took it for a spin after the guy left and put in some fuel (it was empty of course) i parked up and turned it off...but a fan carried on in the engine bay. it was quite loud and seemed to go on for a long time. i tried turning the ignition back on then off again. but it still carried on. i rang up the car dealer and he said that it was the intercooler fan and that its meant to stay on after the engine has been turned off. id only driven about 500yards to the petrol station around the corner and the engine was still cold. i left it going and came back 10 minutes later and it had stopped. so is he right and this is normal?

Sounds completely normal. I think it's controlled by a timer rather than a thermostat so even if cold it'll keep going.

Check with a Citroen dealer if there is a recall on your car for a temperature sensor. It's a free check/fit because some have dodgy sensors which may keep the radiator fan running constantly. More likely it's the intercooler though. I'm sure others will correct me if I'm wrong.

Welcome to the club
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Yeh that's what the seller said. hopefully that's right then. only had 5 minutes to play with it as the Mrs was off out. so I got to wait until tomorrow to look over it properly.

Comment

Some engine faults can cause the fan to stay on full blast for around 10 min after switch off...
        It won't be the intercooler fan, I've never seen one actually switch on, even on the rolling road. Only other reason is the aircon fans.
        White on red THP
        Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

I got a mate who was able to check the error codes on his diagnostic machine.

came up with 2279H/8825 Undocumented code..

Comment

The generic code description for P2279 is air leak in intake system.
            If this is right the only cause I could possibly think of is the pcv pipe or fuel evap pipe not connected on properly.
            White on red THP
            Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

They did put new pipes on somewhere. " air turbo pipe" is one they listed on the invoice. I'll check in the daylight.

Comment

Ohhhh, not a THP 'fan'

Like wooooooooooooo!! THP!!!!!!!!!

My DS3R3... nearly....
                New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

i took it to a mates garage where they gave the car a quick once over.. turns out a pipe was hanging off. so much for "its the intercooler fans" lol. car dealers will tell you any bull$%it wont they.

Comment

Also I'm right in thinking that there is a pump to cool the turbo down after a spirited drive right? Does sound like a fan.
                    @mike_lowsocial

Comment

it was the fans on full blast. a pipe was hanging off and confusing it all. so the fans where kicking in at random times.

Comment

Ah fair enough. Glad it's sorted
                        @mike_lowsocial

Comment

Originally posted by mjogreen View Post
                          Also I'm right in thinking that there is a pump to cool the turbo down after a spirited drive right? Does sound like a fan.
                          Yes you are spot on

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X