This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lexia changes and your Warranty

There have now been a few threads now about modifying the DS3 vehicle setting via the PSA group Lexia Tool. Because of the nature of this issue I decided that we needed clarification of what this means to owners.

After speaking with the UK Warranty Manager for PSA this is what he advised;

“Changing the function would have no impact on the Warranty but modifying the harness would mean that Citroen cannot be responsible for the consequences of the modification or problems with the modification. (sic)”

What this means is that if Functions are changed by a dealer when the warranty is supported still by Citroen UK, but any repercussion causes by these actions will be the responsibility of the owner. For example any person wishing to have the LED running lights to remain on all the time and fall foul of the Police.

When asked about owners making changes themselves via the Lexia tool this was the response given;

“The basic principle would be that they would have be responsible for the impact of the changes that are made e.g., deactivating the automatic handbrake (sic).”

What this means to owners is that if you use a Lexia Tool to change settings with your car then the full responsibility of those actions fall onto the owner who made the changes. Citroen UK will not honour any warranty claim to them.

So in conclusion if you use a Lexia tool to make changes to your DS3 then don’t expect Citroen UK to honour any warranty given on that car, in much the same way as engine chipping or other modifications that alter the vehicle.

If your dealer makes the changes then there appears to have no impact, as long as the owner understands that Citroen can not be held to account for any consequences that these actions cause. So if you ask your dealer to alter the setting on your LED’s to remain on then your warranty is not affected but if you are stopped and charged by the Police then you can not hold your dealer responsible.

I hope that this will help to clear up what is already a grey area.
    Last edited by Bigfeet; 07-04-2011, 13:09.
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Thankyou Mr Feet =D

Comment

Your welcome.

Comment

That sounds quite reasonable....
        Does this mean that Citroen will notify dealers that they can alter the way that the LED's operate as long as the customer understands that they (the customer) are responsible for any legal repercussions

Comment

It Should Be Like That From The Start When You Pick The Car Up...

Im Sure The Menu That It's In Is Called Something Like "Customer Options" lol It Also Gives You Some Nice Other Options Such As The Feature To Knock Off The Auto Rear Wipers When You Engage Reverse...

Comment

I see what you are saying Zack, but Citroen UK must by law supply a vehicle to meet all of the EU laws and reg's. Afterwards though changes can be made at owner request, but not before point of delivery.

Comment

So if citroen change the settings my warranty is still there? But if pulled by police it's my fault?

Is there a law against them being on with my side light? Because I'd only be using them till dusk.
              sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
              Third time around.
              Work in Progress

Comment

That it how most of us are understanding it. I phoned 2 dealers and asked them to do it and they had no hesitation (at a price!).

The law is another issue that we are looking at that through muddied waters. Think that if you are pulled then technically there could be an issue around the lights.
                It's a chance I am going to take!

Comment

Originally posted by Rickzayne View Post
                  So if citroen change the settings my warranty is still there? But if pulled by police it's my fault?

Is there a law against them being on with my side light? Because I'd only be using them till dusk.
                  The law isn't clear at all. But its legal to drive around with the LED's on (during the day at least) and as far as I know there is not law or rule that says you can't have side (or position) lights on at all times.
                  So in my book there's no contest

Comment

Originally posted by Rickzayne View Post
                    No but there are many offences that will make their use with sidelights/headlights illegal.
                    C2 GT #2003

LIFE HAS RULES & SO DO THESE FORUMS.... DS3Club rules: Click Here

Comment

Originally posted by Den View Post
                      No but there are many offences that will make their use with sidelights/headlights illegal.
                      Can you be more specific Den?

Comment

there are rules under RVLR89 http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1.../contents/made which could be "made to fit" for DRL's used at any time other than dayight.
                        C2 GT #2003

Comment

Brings a whole new meaning to the phrase " I was fitted up Guv"

Comment

plus you have the highway code which states:
                            114 "You MUST NOT use any lights in a way which would dazzle or cause discomfort to other road users"

By having the DLRs on at anytime other than daylight, you would fall foul of this. Same as Fog lights and HIDs that are too bright.
                            C2 GT #2003

Comment

LOL

Win

Comment

Working...
                              X