CarPlay help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CarPlay help please

I bought my 66 plate DS3 in October last year. I have CarPlay button in it but when I click it it pops up with a message saying " The Apple CarPlay function is not available on your system , you can acquire it from your dealer DS" anybody else had this problem and know how to solve it? As my Citroen garage didn't.

Car play is an option when the car is ordered. Guess yours does not have it.
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

You're dealer should be able to enable it. Or get a lexia device for 100 euro and a 7 day subscription at citroen service (and some help from me) to enable it.

You normally can't enable it as the manual programming is protected even when connected to citroen service. Automatic programming works fine. But it's possible with a small edit in diagbox config to enable manual programming .

Comment

Freaking autocorrect... 'your dealer' not 'you are dealer'...

Comment

My car has it, it's the elegance which in the brochures shows it comes with mirror screen (CarPlay and mirror link), took it to two Citroen places now and both no help :/ need to find something to fix it

Comment

Originally posted by Frenchieep View Post
            My car has it, it's the elegance which in the brochures shows it comes with mirror screen (CarPlay and mirror link), took it to two Citroen places now and both no help :/ need to find something to fix it
            How are they not helping?

If it wasn't added to your order, you wouldn't even have the button for it, IIRC. I know mine didn't. But then an engineer accidentally switched it on for me, and I now have it (65 plate)
            @mike_lowsocial

Comment

Originally posted by Frenchieep View Post
              I bought my 66 plate DS3 in October last year. I have CarPlay button in it but when I click it it pops up with a message saying " The Apple CarPlay function is not available on your system , you can acquire it from your dealer DS" anybody else had this problem and know how to solve it? As my Citroen garage didn't.
              Where are you based?

Different countries have different license rules for the CarPlay.
              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
              Bigfeet's File Repository
              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

which dealership switched it on I too have a 65 plate when I purchased it I was told that I had it, never bothered about it until i got an iphone 7 but, it don't work when i connect the phone to the car.

Comment

Originally posted by V3nn3tj3 View Post
                  Or get a lexia device for 100 euro and a 7 day subscription at citroen service (and some help from me) to enable it.

You normally can't enable it as the manual programming is protected even when connected to citroen service. Automatic programming works fine. But it's possible with a small edit in diagbox config to enable manual programming .
                  Do you have a link to the Lexia device please??

Comment

You can get one from aliexpress. But be carefull! Some use bad ic's and some have a blocked serial number. Keep in mind that you'll have to use the original diagbox that has to be downloaded from service.citroen.
                    Also, it could be that you'll get a version b device and need to upgrade it manually to a version C.

Comment

When you get diagbox i will send over the files that enable smeg programming. You'll need to do an automatic programming and then a manual one.

Comment

Ok, thanks. Ill keep that all in mind- I'm booked in at my local dealership next Friday so ill see if they will "accidentally" install it first then if not ill look into the Lexia device. Thanks for your response though

Comment

If you do want to get one - You can get the Lexia 3 kit from Ebay/Amazon and you will need a laptop to run alongside it I believe It's not just the Lexia you need to plug in to make changes.
                          My DS3R3... nearly....
                          New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Thanks WTF, So just to clarify I need the lexia 3 kit, and a laptop to allow me to make the changes? Anything else I will need or is that it? (Sorry for what may seem like a daft question - just don't want to get stuff and then realise I need something else to enable me to do it)
                            Last edited by Benjiblobin; 10-08-2017, 14:45.

Comment

What you need is:

A lexia interface.
                              B a laptop
                              C a diagbox subscription from service.citroen
                              D a few file edits from me.

How to do it.

1 install driver
                              2 check interface for serial number with tool
                              3 update firmware using same tool
                              4 go to service citroen and buy a coin, when you own a coin you will be able to download diagbox from citroen
                              5 download diagbox
                              6 install diagbox
                              7 open diagbox with vci connected
                              8 login with service citroen login
                              9 update diagbox
                              10 close and open diagbox
                              11 get it to recognize the car
                              12 do a expert check with diagbox
                              13 go to the smeg ecu and update the configuration with the automatic download
                              14 close diagbog
                              15 update files with mine
                              16 open diagbox, connect to car, go to smeg ecu
                              17 go to manual configuration
                              18 enable carplay and mirrorlink and what not
                              19 done

The only thing that could go wrong is that the serial number of the vci (lexia hardware) is known and has been blacklisted but the tool at step 3 will tell you.

Hope this clears thing up. Tool and firmware can be send by me of needed. Also the lexia will also be auto updated by diagbox but you'll need a min. firmware version before starting. Cost will be the price of the lexia device and the coin at service citroen. Also the coin activated diagnostics for 1 week on 1 vin. Or 3.5 days on 2 vins, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X