Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedo drop with radio cutting out

Hey,

Not sure if anyone knows what's going on or if I've just chosen a lemon of a DS3. When the car is first started and cold the radio cuts out every time I change gear OR If let of the gas it also cuts out. Whilst this happens I've noticed the speedo drop from say 30 down to 25mph then it goes back up to 30. There's no loss of power when this happens. After about 5-10mins these issues go away. Any ideas?

sigpic
    2011 (61) 1.6 HDi DSport 110bhp

Just the radio? Not listening to a CD/USB.

Any high pitched squealing whilst accelerating?
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Just the radio. Not had anything else plugged in. This morning the radio screen switched off completely then came back on as I changed gear. As I say it stops once the car warms up a bit. Pulls like a train still and no apparent noises.

sigpic

Comment

I've had it in a garage today for parking sensors as the don't work. They beep once and come up with a fault. They scanned it all and reset the BSI and it looks like the fault is in the BSI as they still won't work. They think this faulty box may also be giving me the speedo issues and drop in radio. They can get the part and fit but only Citroen can program it. They have the lexia machine but due to Citroen security they don't have the file on or something to reprogram it all. So it needs a new BSI and programming from Citroen.

sigpic

Comment

Watch out, with a new bsi you will have to get new keys. Also the ecu is programmed to it. You'll need the correct codes to do so.

Comment

Not sure. The garage I went to know their stuff and said it's defiantly a main dealer thing. It's booked in with Citroen next wee so see what they say. I've got platinum warranty with the car so should be fully covered.

sigpic

Comment

You can buy the bsi ready programmed, it's £50 more expensive, just give the supplying dealer your VIN.
              White on red THP
              Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie@SPTuning View Post
                You can buy the bsi ready programmed, it's £50 more expensive, just give the supplying dealer your VIN.
                Cheers Jamie. Good to know

sigpic

Comment

Don't you need the ecu code to mary it with the car. Vin number isn't enough i think. Citroen probably has a list of vin with ecu codes tho...

Comment

Working...
                  X