No announcement yet.

Tyres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think the stones will be ditched asap, 300miles in and ive never felt a tyre deform as much as this tyre round corners. Even at low speeds. Inspires no confidence at all in the handling off the car. First time ive run a car with stones, no doubt be the last
    Team Yellow not White

Comment

Originally posted by AndyG View Post
      Think the stones will be ditched asap, 300miles in and ive never felt a tyre deform as much as this tyre round corners. Even at low speeds. Inspires no confidence at all in the handling off the car. First time ive run a car with stones, no doubt be the last
      I'm no fan of the Potenzas, but I've not found that to be much of a problem tbh. Maybe my cornering speeds are less, ahem, ambitious than yours!

They need a pretty high pressure (at least 34 psi). What pressure are you running them at, Andy?

Comment

I certainly would agree with the comment re tyre pressure, from my experience with these tyres they do need to be up to pressure...I find that when they are cold they tend to be somewhat skittish, but as they warm up they get better (maybe that's a characteristic of the compound) and my other gripes about them is that fact that they do tend to "tramline" and they can be very noisy (I know that depends on the road surface but am comparing same roads with C3 shod with Michelin's and the DS3 with the Bridgestones)
        On the whole (once the tyres are warm) I find that they corner well, but I will be looking for an alternative once these need replacing if only for a bit of piece and quiet [from the passenger seat]

Comment

Gar, tyre pressures good. Pretty much low speed action so far. Too old for boy tacing speeds

John, im away for blast up cairngorms so will report back how they are after some more miles, having warmed them up. Hopefully im not deaf from the roadnoise afer.lol
          Team Yellow not White

Comment

Ive always been a fan of Yokohama's

Been running some C Drives on my other car and they are great in both wet and dry

Decent tread life too !!

Comment

Used Yokohama's on my old MR2 Roadster, can't remember the model number but they were the tyres it came with from new and were only made in the sizes for that car. Used to be difficult to get hold of, usually had to wait at least 2 weeks for them, but they suited the car and I couldn't fault the handling. Eventually swapped to Potenza S03's on the recomendation of several people on an MR2 forum I used to be on. I found them ok on the 1 trackday I did with them fitted, certainly as good as the Yoko's but they did use to tramline in general road use, but this may have been due to not being able to fit the original 185/55 front tyre size as the nearest Potenza size was 195/50. I have only done about 350 miles in the Racing so far and all of those have been dry, but so far have not had any problems with the Potenza's.
              DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

bridgestones are a good tyre but i have seen some awful wear patterns with them especially on lexus. michelin will always be the best tyre grip and noise but you do pay for the privelage. pzero are also very good for the price you can get them for. conti sport are also very good and are cheaper than michys.

Comment

Working...
                X