Battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery

Anyone know how to access the battery terminals ?

The positive terminal is located on the front face of the battery and has easy access but I cannot see where the access is to the negative terminal.

Dont really want to start pulling things off without knowing so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

The plastic cover over the battery just pulls off (release the clip on the righthandside 1st). the if you need more access the plastic cover over the ECU also just pulls off (it's between the battery & the engine).

Comment

Originally posted by John S View Post
      The plastic cover over the battery just pulls off (release the clip on the righthandside 1st). the if you need more access the plastic cover over the ECU also just pulls off (it's between the battery & the engine).
      Nice one. Thanks mate.

I will have a look now. Didnt look like it clipped off easily and thought id just check before I pulled !! LOL

Comment

If You Do Take Your ECU Our Be Careful It Doesn't Land On The Battery Terminals... Scariest Moment Of My Life When I Saw That Spark... >.<

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
          If You Do Take Your ECU Our Be Careful It Doesn't Land On The Battery Terminals... Scariest Moment Of My Life When I Saw That Spark... >.<
          Will do !!

Thanks

Comment

I cannot see where this is !!

There is no release clip on the right (that is where the ecu is on mine, not between the battery and engine as you have said)

Mine is the HDI if that matters ?

Basically there is a little flap at the front of the battery which gives access to the positive terminal without removing anything, but the negative terminal looks like it is at the back of the engne and I cannot see any easy way to get the cover off.

There is also a seperate cover on top of the battery which has a couple of small leads on it. Not really sure how to describe it.I can get access to these easily but these are not 'terminals' as such and are not marked as + or -

Any other ideas ?

Comment

Which HDi do you have...the 90 or the 110?

Comment

Which HDi do you have...the 90 or the 110?
                Good question. 90 I think ?

Comment

I have the 90 (as does Zack) and the ECU is on the left of the battery next to the engine, and on the right of the battery is a fuse box.
                  Engine bay should look like one of the diagrams ..Item 5 is the battery with the ECU cover as a part of the cover over that battery
                  Last edited by John S; 27-04-2011, 20:20.

Comment

I have the 90 (as does Zack) and the ECU is on the left of the battery next to the engine, and on the right of the battery is a fuse box.
                    Mmmmmmm...............

Not really sure what to say

What I believe to be the ECU is between the battery and the fuse box.

Maybe its something else ?

The cover to this clips off, but the plastic cover which pretty much covers the entire battery has no release clips.

There is a flap on top of the battery which lifts up to uncover some smaller wires as mentioned but no access to the actual battery

????????

Comment

The release clip I mentioned is near the front of the battery cover, quite low down near the righthand corner....its just a small piece of plastic that sticks out a bit, it just moves a bit toward the o/s of the car, then the main cover pulls off...its is usually quite stiff and needs a good wiggly to release it

Comment

Just looked at those images you attached and athough I realise these are not exact images, my battery does not really resemble the shape in either of those pics. Also as mentioned this is also another cover which sits on the top of my battery which gives access to some small wires etc.

It is too dark here now for me to have a good look so I will try again tomorrow, however I just cannot visualise how this cover come off as these wires are attached to the top and the brake fluid resevoir hangs over the top slightly so would be difficult to unclip this cover and lift off.

Thansk for all your help and I will let you know how I get on.

Comment

Take A Piccy Or 2 Stu, That Way We Can Draw On Them To Explain Better ?

Comment

Im quite positive what John says is correct but the pics will help us diagnose the issue a bit better

Comment

Quick question is why do you need to remove the battery??
                              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                              Bigfeet's File Repository
                              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Working...
                              X