Annual Service - what's involved?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annual Service - what's involved?

Booked my car in this week for its first (annual) service & some warranty work. Seems my dealer doesn't know anything about the annual service, as when I picked the car up they told me that Citroen has changed service intervals to two years so my car didn't need any servicing.

I've checked with Citroen UK & confirmed that the annual service is still recommended & its price is included in my service contract. So, before I go back to the dealer can somebody tell me roughly what the annual service involves & the allowed time for it? (120VTi)

Annual Service

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Booked my car in this week for its first (annual) service & some warranty work. Seems my dealer doesn't know anything about the annual service, as when I picked the car up they told me that Citroen has changed service intervals to two years so my car didn't need any servicing.

I've checked with Citroen UK & confirmed that the annual service is still recommended & its price is included in my service contract. So, before I go back to the dealer can somebody tell me roughly what the annual service involves & the allowed time for it? (120VTi)
    We have the 150 THP the dealer stated 2 years or 20,000 miles whichever is the sooner. His only advice was to check the oil and if any used to pop in and they will provide a top up free of charge.

Comment

Service every 2 years or 20K???!!! That is a first for me and I must admit, pretty impressive too. Will save some money in the long run on servicing at least.

Comment

10K and my sevice indicator came on. It is in Citroen as we speak for it's first sevice. I was told it didn't need it till 12 half thousand miles !!
        DS3 Special Edt. White, HDI:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by rowl-69 View Post
          10K and my sevice indicator came on. It is in Citroen as we speak for it's first sevice. I was told it didn't need it till 12 half thousand miles !!
          I think at PDI the service interval times is set for the car, get your dealer to check it for you.

As to the OP's question the annual service is an inspection service on your DS3 here's a copy of the sheet that the service team use.

Click image for larger version

Name:	OB 5 No 360 Annual Servicing & Routine Service 2010_01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	353354
          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
          Bigfeet's File Repository
          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
            As to the OP's question the annual service is an inspection service on your DS3 here's a copy of the sheet that the service team use.
            Thanks Bigfeet, that's what I wanted! I assume that's a general form, not DS3-specific, as it includes an oil/filter change which the DS3 doesn't need at this service & a couple of items only relevant to cars with hydraulic power steering.

Comment

Originally posted by jc_boc View Post
              Service every 2 years or 20K???!!! That is a first for me and I must admit, pretty impressive too. Will save some money in the long run on servicing at least.

Aren't you thinking about getting a Racing, if you are then the service interval is 12,500 miles or 1 year for normal conditions and 10,000 miles or 1 year for arduous conditions.

DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

Thanks Bigfeet, that's what I wanted! I assume that's a general form, not DS3-specific, as it includes an oil/filter change which the DS3 doesn't need at this service & a couple of items only relevant to cars with hydraulic power steering.
                As far I am led to believe there is no specific DS3 annual service sheet as the annual service is really just an inspection, there are specific sheets for the routine services though.

Comment

Originally posted by Riggs55 View Post
                  We have the 150 THP the dealer stated 2 years or 20,000 miles whichever is the sooner. His only advice was to check the oil and if any used to pop in and they will provide a top up free of charge.
                  Wouldn't fancy not having an oil change for 2 years, even iif it is fully synthetic which i asume it is !, when i do get mt DSport i will defo have oil/filter changed every 12 months regardless.
                  Polar White DS Sport Plus 150 THP

Comment

Im pretty sure my dealer told me the servicing pacakge for £199 for 3 years was a service every 1 year / 12500 miles, thats on a THP 150
                    Black on Black 150 THP Dsport Plus

Comment

My £199 bought me annual check, 20000 mile service, then annual check (I understand, paperwork not arrived yet),,,,i.e.it's effectively 3 years if I do circa 10000 miles a year (or keep it that long, I'm pretty impulsive changing my cars, don't work my whatsits off for nothing!)...

Regards,
                      Clive.
                      CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
                      DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Originally posted by callum View Post
                        Im pretty sure my dealer told me the servicing pacakge for £199 for 3 years was a service every 1 year / 12500 miles, thats on a THP 150
                        Thats not correct. The way the service plan works it if you haven't reached 20,000 in the first year then you opt for the annual service. From that point the counters are reset again and the next one is due when you either clock 20,000 more miles or reach another year.

Comment

Not got a service plan and a bit nervous bout a car not having an oil change for 2 years. Am I daft to worry?
                          Doesnt the oil degrade. Things maybe best left alone if theres no issues?
                          Mines coming up for its first year done 9700 miles
                          So theyve quoted £85 plus vat inc oil filter and oil change
                          Why do they recommend a check first year for the RACING but not the THP? Anyone know?
                          CBLUE
                          sigpic
                          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                            Why do they recommend a check first year for the RACING but not the THP? Anyone know?
                            CBLUE
                            The annual check is recommended for all DS3s.

Comment

The annual check is recommended for all DS3s.
                              From July this year all new DS3's are going to fall into the same service bracket of one year or 20,000 miles.

Comment

Working...
                              X