Temperature Guage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sbbuts View Post
    Not yet been tested and the DS4 I am driving is needed back ASAP as they have been told to return it to France as there is a part missing and the car is dangerious to drive.(isn't that just wonderful to know having driven over 300 miles in it some on motorways)
    Bull...

Comment

Garage have now contacted me and said car is ok and the reason for the problem was a sensor in the expansion tank for the cooling system which was misreading the temerature as -46 which if it is that cold is obviously dangerious to start the engine as it can be damaged.

I know from driving in the Canadian Rockies that cars there have sump warmers etc to enable them to start in the winter but why put this sensor on a UK car where you are never likley to reach those temperatures.

I suppose I believe them but have to ask why this was not picked up when they ran the diagnostics on the car and why the water level dropped and the temperature guage started reading lower when fully warmed up.

Anyway I will just have to believe them and hope that it starts properly tomorrow morning at 6.30am when I drive to the station.

Comment

Working...
      X