Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ds3adi View Post
    You forgot to mention if we had a club discount
    If Alloy Gator became an affiliate of the club they could offer a discount to members. I will ask sag if this is possible and ask Alloy Gator if they would like to do this.

Comment

now your talking, discount is my favourite word. And there's nothing like good advertising

Now have a go at the wrc competition! it's my other fav word FREE!

Comment

Yuk! No thank you!

Regards,
        Clive.
        CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
        DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Great iv found your thread. im waiting for the white and silver to become available. cant decide which colour to get.
          “In less enlightened times, the best way to impress women was to own a hot car. But women wised up and realized it was better to buy their own hot cars so they wouldn't have to ride around with jerks.” - Scott Adams

Comment

I have Alloygators on my Bellones- and they do work very well
            They are a bit of a pain to fit- prob 45 min a wheel as its easier to take the wheel off,as it needs deflating
            And sometimes you dont realise they are not properly fitted
            But they are a very good product
            They are a bit pricey too, at around £65 for a set

Has anyone tried RIMBLADES? They are a bit cheaper and you dont have to deflate the tyre, but
            they are not clipped into the wheel rim just stuck on!
            I have a second set of wheels, TSW Tarumas, that are interchanged from time to time, and want to protect them

Anyone used them, and are they any good?
            CBLUE
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Have some RIMBLADES ordered
              Doubt will fit them, or even receive them before the NATIONAL
              But will report back how easy they are to fit and how good they are at their job
              CBLUE
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

CBlue, let me know how you get on with those Rimblades. Will definitely be looking at one of these two when I get the new alloys.

Doylo, any joy with that discount?

Comment

Hi Josh- DOYLO aint been on the site for ages- reckon his DS3 gone

Got the rimblades- best bit dont have to take deflate the tyre
                  Will fit them soon and let you know.
                  Dont look as good quality as Alloygators but cheaper and easier to put on
                  CBLUE
                  sigpic
                  Jog on Noddy

Comment

We have the Alloygators fitted to DS3 THP in red and no issues but at same time had fitted to my BMW 5GT which failed twice with resultant scratch damage to car bodywork.

We paid £75/car for approved fitting company to come and fit including supplying sets. When I had the issues was a waste of time but Curt at Alloygator replaced and showed me what they had done wrong.

The GT has done 28,000 miles with them fitted and we are now fitting to all our new cars in our Company as look smart as well as protecting the alloys.

I fully endorse Alloygator but be sure fitters know what they are doing and no gap between alloy and gator or will fall off on the road at speed, I had replacement tyres fitted without the Alloygators being removed as good fitter used.

Comment

Alloygators are good but cost me £70 for full set and then had an ASS of a time fitting them myself (Couldnt find anyone local to fit them)
                      Have fitted RIMBLADES to me other set of wheels which were easier to fit but havent fitted the wheels to the car yet
                      (You dont have to take wheels off- with ALLOYGATORS you have to deflate the tyre)
                      They look better than ALLOYGATORS but do not look as durable
                      CBLUE
                      sigpic
                      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Do you have some photo's please
                        All the best, MortenT

DS3 e-Hdi 90: http://s1260.photobucket.com/user/Mo...eshow/My%20Car
                        In a former life: Lots of Alfa 33 16V

Comment

Search for a post "Alloygators" and you will see DOYLOS photos on his thread
                          Can post photos of the RIMBLADES when I get the wheels out the shed in next few days
                          CBLUE
                          sigpic
                          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Hi, I'm new to the forum looking to pick up my DS3 style plus in September. Im interested in AlloyGators to protect the bellone alloys but have been quoted £120 supplied and fitted. Do you think this is good?

Comment

Welcome Steve5891 to the club and forums

Cant help you have no experience with them sure someone will be able to help you soon
                              2012 Dstyle+ 1.6 eHDI 90 Airdreamsigpic
                              Belle Ile Blue With Black Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Steve5891 View Post
                                Hi, I'm new to the forum looking to pick up my DS3 style plus in September. Im interested in AlloyGators to protect the bellone alloys but have been quoted £120 supplied and fitted. Do you think this is good?
                                Might be a bit cheaper to order them and fit yourselves. Should be a 40-50 minute job from reading the posts on here.
                                cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Working...
                                X