No announcement yet.

No oil in car... help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just because there is no oil on the dipstick does not mean its completely empty. the dipstick is only measuring the top litre of engine oil.

Comment

Sorry to hear that you are having problems, as above definitely pop some oil into the engine (Citroen recommends Total Oil, better as long you match the standard set in your service book you will be fine) and get you car checked as soon as possible.

To be honest using that much oil is not that unusual as a few Citroen burn oil quickly (C4 Picasso's spring to mind) but do rule off the obvious things first, check the floor where you park the car to see if there is any on the floor, check under the car to see if there are signs of a leak (black glue like stuff on the lower part of the car).

As Hannah has stated there is an on-going issue with oil use on THP engines that is being addressed by PSA and hopefully there will be a general recall to rectify the problems.

In regards to your warranty issue as long as you can satisfy Citroen that you have not be showing neglect you should be fine.
      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
        As Hannah has stated there is an on-going issue with oil use on THP engines that is being addressed by PSA and hopefully there will be a general recall to rectify the problems.
        It'll probably be done on the next scheduled service visit rather than a recall as it's not effecting a large percentage of customers

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
          Make Sure It's Total Oil or You'll Void Your Warranty...
          This is rubbish. 'Citroen recommends Total' - only recommends though
          63 Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TDi S Line
          X Sunflower Yellow Clio 172
          12 Audi A1 2.0 TDi Black Edition
          61 DS3 DSport Plus THP
          60 RenaultSport Clio CUP 200
          02 RenaultSport Clio 172
          04 RenaultSport Clio 182
          51 RenaultSport Clio 172

Comment

So Citroen have come back after inspection and said the oil wasn't empty, was low but ok.

Turns out the problem was the fly wheel coming away from the crank shaft which has caused the bulk hold to elongate.... and means a new engine

They've said they'll replace it under warranty which is good as it is a manufacturing fault, but I can't help but think that this is the result of a car which was built over Christmas now and wondering what else lies in store to go wrong!!
            White/Black
            1.6 THP

Comment

Reading some of these makes me glad I've got a diesel and here was me thinking of getting the THP next!

Good luck with the new engine

Comment

<3 My Derv

Comment

Good to hear they will sort this out for you

I doubt anything will go wrong, mine was built over Easter and nothing has been made out of chocolate

I <3 my DS3
                  My DS3R3... nearly....
                  New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Working...
                  X