eco start/stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eco start/stop

got my DS3 1.6EHDI DSTYLE PLUS a month ago, it has the eco stop/start feature and until this week was working fine, however it now starts itself without me actually doing anything, so when im at the traffic lights waiting the car will suddenly start, i dont have my foot on the pedals or putting it into gear. Just wondered has anyone else experienced this??
    sigpic

hello and welcome to the club me n tha mrs also got the 1.6 90 e-HDI with start stop function not had any probs since we got the car now 6-7 week old. but there are a few sensors that will trigger it to start apart from pedal operation. seatbelt unclipped will start it and also door opening. that just a pre set safety feature to let u know the cars still on if as you say yours is doing it randomly then it might be a faulty sensor but dont quote me on that as im not a mechanic might be worth while taking it to ya dealer and let them av a butchers @ it
    e-hdi 90 dsytle all white with ashera's and lonely citroen graphic's and club decals sigpic NCC-1701-C THE ENTERPRISE being rehomed
    Soon to have a Prestige 130 SS in arctic steel metallic with emerald mettalic roof and grey aphrodite wheels

Comment

thanks for the welcome i phoned the garage yesterday and all they could say was that the car is to new for them yet to be able to give me an answer as the boys were not fully trained up on this system. As for your suggestions, i hadn't undone the seatbelt or opened the door, all day yesterday it kept doing it, i know i can turn of the eco feature of but that defeats the purpose really
      sigpic

Comment

Can't comment on the DS3 start-stop because mine doesn't have it, but every other start-stop car I've driven seems to have mind of its own as to when it starts & stops. I rented a start-stop Golf in France recently that started up at random. After thinking awhile about it, I put it down to things like needing power to drive the ancilliaries (air con, lights etc) instead of draining the battery. Having said that, yours may well be b*ggered.

Comment

well our 1 only starts up when ya put clutch in normally so sounds bit strange that yours is doing it by itself well hope u get it sorted :cool:
          e-hdi 90 dsytle all white with ashera's and lonely citroen graphic's and club decals sigpic NCC-1701-C THE ENTERPRISE being rehomed
          Soon to have a Prestige 130 SS in arctic steel metallic with emerald mettalic roof and grey aphrodite wheels

Comment

well tomorrow i shall pop into the garage and see what they can do, not holding my breathe though after yesterdays res ponse, probaly get treated like a silly girl who cant drive the car :mad: lets see if they can help.................................. i will keep all posted.
            sigpic

Comment

Mine does the same, starting up on it's own accord every now and then. I must admit that now it's 3 months old, 3000miles in, it seems to be doing it more and more often.
              Proud owner of missing wonky stickers

Comment

have you taken it back to the garage? i have only done 500 miles so something weird is going on
                sigpic

Comment

Nope, not taken it in. I figure it might just be firing up to keep temperatures up now that it's getting cold out.
                  Proud owner of missing wonky stickers

Comment

had a mini on hire in spain recently and that would start and stop when it felt like think gar074 hit the nail on the head with his answer about ancillaries to me its a stupid feature in the uk unless your in a long traffic queue as our traffic lights seem to change quite quickly unlike spain and america where they seem to take foreever to change would imagine this would become a ball ache after a while

Comment

Originally posted by Ablyth View Post
                      well tomorrow i shall pop into the garage and see what they can do, not holding my breathe though after yesterdays res ponse, probaly get treated like a silly girl who cant drive the car :mad: lets see if they can help.................................. i will keep all posted.
                      As we always say on this site...if your dealer is not helpful, find one that is!. You don't have to take your car to the same dealer

Comment

Originally posted by willo View Post
                        would imagine this would become a ball ache after a while
                        It was a positive menace in heavy traffic in town. I found myself concentrating on whether I should go into neutral/keep my foot on the brake (to avoid the engine cutting out, just as the car in front of me started moving off) instead of looking where I was going/watching out for lunatic French drivers. If I could have worked out from the (French) manual how to disable it, I would have done so in a heartbeat.

Comment

must admit it is a pain at times, stop/starting all the time but in this 'eco friendly' society we appear to be in at the moment it seems a good idea?? or maybe not.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ablyth View Post
                            must admit it is a pain at times, stop/starting all the time but in this 'eco friendly' society we appear to be in at the moment it seems a good idea?? or maybe not.
                            Gimmick, if you ask me. Our supposedly super-economical hire car (a Golf Bluemotion diesel) managed only 46 mpg over two weeks and 1000+ km - and that was with extra-specially gentle treatment, as I was keen to see what a supposedly state-of-the-art eco-hatch will do mpg-wise these days.

My old Leon 1.9 TDi 110 did 50+ mpg, week in week out, even with a heavy right foot, and was miles more fun to drive. Even the FR (which had 150hp) was more economical than the Bluemotion. The official mpg figures are very misleading imho.

Modern diesels may be cleaner, but they're far less economical than they used to be - and if my wife's Volvo 2.0D is anything to go by, they're just a big bill (injectors, DPF, etc, etc) waiting to happen.

Sorry, rant over.

Comment

hey you can rant all you like lol im a newbie on here so its all a bit strange at the moment. Think maybe i should have kept my old trusty vauxhall corsa, with no gimmicks and gadgets
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X