Another THP bites the dust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clarky View Post
    Got my car back today from dealers....Powerloss,hesitation,Anti pollution warning light was all down to a blocked filter which connects to the turbo piping....Seems to be running sweet.
    Has your had the timing chain replaced then ??
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-M...71187626414180

Pop in and give me a like

Comment

Originally posted by monkeynuts View Post
      Has your had the timing chain replaced then ??
      No monkeynuts teckie said that my camtensioner was the updated one apparently it has a dot on it if it's the upgraded version....So i'm guessing it was upgraded when manufacured....Not building my hopes up though!!!.

Comment

No monkeynuts teckie said that my camtensioner was the updated one apparently it has a dot on it if it's the upgraded version....So i'm guessing it was upgraded when manufacured....Not building my hopes up though!!!.
        It sort of makes you feel that way ............depends how much trust you have with the dealer.mine has been fair and up front all the way even to the point of talking to the techie .

After all the work on my car it has never performed as well as it is now .........................so it was never correct from new

Always ticked over like a bag o shite even changed the plugs a while back but it was the fuel pump delivering low pressure

Glad you got yours fixed fingers and legs crossed

Comment

Originally posted by monkeynuts View Post
          Monday night on my way home from work pulled up at a set of lights then tried to pull away .......................yaaaa milk float mode car would only pull 3k smooth but totally gutless BUT no cel light present

So got home rang the dealers Sportiv of Chalfront and booked the car in for today .

Drove it all yesterday( well crept around) and then last night went round a corner all power plus more back :confused:

So got up early this morning Sportiv is about 30 miles from me and half way there bang no power again

Then power then no power FFS still no lights up

Car in Doc as we Type :mad:
          My car did this on Thurs the dealers have had it 2 days and say they have found no fault :-( did they fix the issue with your car?

If so what was it, mines not a THP mines a HDi

Comment

Originally posted by HarjDs3 View Post
            My car did this on Thurs the dealers have had it 2 days and say they have found no fault :-( did they fix the issue with your car?

If so what was it, mines not a THP mines a HDi
            Different engine the HDi mine is a petrol and they changed everything to do with the timing chain .....chain... tensioner... cam pulleys ......bottom pulley ................not bad for 16K on the clock

Comment

DS3 in limp mode again.....Week after they replaced another part...My engine too is being rebuilt bit by bit lol.

Different characteristics now though and rather concerning she's fuktuating from limp mode to normal running which isn't good when driving....Dangerous & unfit to drive to say the least !!!

Booked into the Dealer for a fourth time now....Gettin peed off now !!!!.

Told them what needs replacing but they aint listening lol....Zack shut it !!!

Comment

Told them what needs replacing but they aint listening
                What do you reckon it is, Clarky?

Comment

same as monkeynuts timing chain,tensioners and fuel pump.

Comment

DS3 in limp mode again.....Week after they replaced another part...My engine too is being rebuilt bit by bit lol.

Different characteristics now though and rather concerning she's fuktuating from limp mode to normal running which isn't good when driving....Dangerous & unfit to drive to say the least !!!

Booked into the Dealer for a fourth time now....Gettin peed off now !!!!.

Told them what needs replacing but they aint listening lol....Zack shut it !!!
                    Thats the same symptons mine had ......well weired no power for a while then uber power then nothing .

I believe the tensioner is hydraulic and every now and then pumps it self up to the chain and then the ecu corrects the timing (or summit).

Not a situation to trust

BUT as CUK say thats what your warrenty is for

I was lucky my dealer is in the ball with these things only a couple of trips and i had the car serviced early at 16k coz I thought something was odd

Comment

Working...
                    X