Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P2191

Hey all,

I'm having the following problem and can't find the solution to the problem. The car suddenly loses all power. No turbo but no warning lights on the dash or display. When reading ecu it comes up with the error code p2191. Started with having a look at all the values, hpfp seems fine, oxygen sensors are working. I've always been told that they work or don't but never 'half' work.
    When deleting the code, car runs perfectly but seems to be comming back every few weeks. Last time i had it, also had the p2137 but yesterday it didn't. Any ideas?
    Checked timing and it was spot on!

Thanks

Fuel trims?
    White on red THP
    Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Long term was 7ish. Short was 1 (not sure about this).
      When on cruise the long term goes up to 12 sometimes, but goes down to 1 or 2 when driving without cruise.

Comment

Anyone ? Got it again doing 90kph on cruise control. Can't for the life off me find the problem.

Comment

The O2 sensor can be going out getting less sensitive so to say, It's not always just a good bad kind of thing at the end of it's life. Not saying that is what your problem is, just could be the sensor and if you can't figure anything else out might be worth a shot.
          Last edited by cyclone; 18-09-2017, 18:06.
          Originally posted by cyclone
          It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
          Originally posted by Broda
          I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
            The O2 sensor can be going out getting less sensitive so to say, It's not always just a good bad kind of thing at the end of it's life. Not saying that is what your problem is, just could be the sensor and if you can't figure anything else out might be worth a shot.
            Took the sensor out and cleaned it, the graph is the same. Fluctuates between 0.1v and 0.8v just as it should. Sometimes goes to 0 tho. Back o2 sensor stays at 0.6v all the time which seems ok.

LTFT was 17% last night and short was going from - 5 to +5.
            After resetting fuel trims i got -10 to +10 on STFT on start. After a 50km very spirited drive, think 150 on cruise the LTFT is at 7 ‰ but will go up again when i do 90 on cruise back home.

No idea what is going on, timing is ok, o2 sensors respond correctly (i think). Also been having some hesitation when pulling, as it's chocking itself. Feels like it's stuttering. Anyone?

Comment

Are you 100% sure your fuel pump is good?
              White on red THP
              Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

I think it is. Pressure is 55bars on idle and goes to 130bar on full pull. So that seems good?

Comment

When my pump went it would dip massively after blipping the throttle. Sometimes it was ok at idle

Comment

Originally posted by V3nn3tj3
                    Hey all,

I'm having the following problem and can't find the solution to the problem. The car suddenly loses all power. No turbo but no warning lights on the dash or display. When reading ecu it comes up with the error code p2191. Started with having a look at all the values, hpfp seems fine, oxygen sensors are working. I've always been told that they work or don't but never 'half' work.
                    When deleting the code, car runs perfectly but seems to be comming back every few weeks. Last time i had it, also had the p2137 but yesterday it didn't. Any ideas?
                    Checked timing and it was spot on!

Thanks
                    How did you check your timing?

99.9percent of the time on THP engine on the Peugeot 207 it's your timing with P2191

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

With a angle meter. Took the top off. Was at 89.1 degrees and block at 90.1.

Comment

Originally posted by V3nn3tj3
                        With a angle meter. Took the top off. Was at 89.1 degrees and block at 90.1.
                        Flywheel pegged so pistons are mid travel yeah?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep, with the special citroen tool.

Comment

Question, how fast should the HPFP go from 45bar(when doing 90) to 130bar when going on cruise and pushing the pedal all the way down. It takes me around 5 to 6 seconds ? Also, been monitoring the o2 values for my drive and have seen the following. The post cat keeps at a steady 0.7V. Now thats more than before. And the pre cat shows 0.7v for over 5 to 10 seconds and then drops to 0.1v for a few seconds (2 to 3 seconds). This is way the ecu thinks it's running lean and tries to make up for it by first using STFT and then LTFT. After 200 miles i have a LTFT at 12% and a STFT at -10 to -20% on idle and +3 to 5% when going 90 at 2000 rpm. Need to get this sorted. O2 sensor working find when driving in town. Fluctuates between 0.1 and 0.8 v every second. So think they are ok. Have had a look atbthe spark plugs and they seem fine. Also the gap is ok.

Thanks

Comment

Ok, this thing is driving me nuts!!!
                              I've come to some conclusion, but still need to do some more digging. Anyway, this is what i know so far. I can't seem to make any sense of the values...

The HPFP is ok, has 45-50 bar on idle. Goes up to 130 bar on full throttle and takes around 4 to 5 seconds to get there. This rules out the HPFP. O2 sensors seem to be working fine when having the values on a graph, altho the values seem to more on the lean side. The inlet pressure sensor is also correct (i think, can't really find the correct values).
                              This is where it starts to baffle me. My LTFT is 13%. On idle the STFT is -10 to - 20% now. At 2000 rpm at load the STFT is 5 to 10%.

I've reset the LTFT. So thats at 0. On idle the STFT is almost 0%. Fluctuates but seems to balance out at 0. Now at 2000 rpm at load, the STFT is still 5 to 10%. How the hell is this possible, if it was compensating for the LTFT, the bloody STFT would be alot higher ? It's 23% when i have a 13% LTFT but is only 10% when i have a 0% LTFT. Wouldn't the STFT be 23% in this case? Or am i wrong?

Can only suspect that there is wear on a sensor somewhere ? Also the plugs seem to indicate that the engine is running richer, not leaner as it should, which makes me believe it's the ecu throwing to much fuel in due to a bad sensor reading?

Thanks for reading my rant, bit its 23h20 and been looking at it for almost 5 houres now again...

Nick

Comment

Working...
                              X