No announcement yet.

DS3 Racing hesitancy/loss of power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah everything I've read suggests that the Hydroclean is a v poor substitute for a walnut blast. I asked the local hydro clean person to me for before and after pics so I could see how well it cleans valves etc and he said he doesn't have them and thought they were a waste of time. I'd much rather pay Jamie for a walnut blast (with before and after pics) than a quick rinse by hydroclean.
    sigpic

Comment

Tbf I didn't realise they were different things, I thought they were just two alternate methods of accomplishing the same job. I've got no experience with car mechanics really I only know what I've picked up and what I read. I'll certainly give it a proper walnut blast then when I get the money together cheers

Comment

Has anyone got any links for where I could get the bits for an oil catch can? I'm hoping it will help the car as a whole really, plus the dipstick keeps getting forced out under hard driving so I'm hoping it will combat that and decrease carbon build up

Comment

Has the breather been capped?
          White on red THP
          Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Is the o-ring on the dip stick still there? That excessive case pressure is a bad thing and a catch can will not solve it. A catch can would just "filter" the air that does come out the engine and it seems that you have a problem where the air can not get out of the crankcase fast enough so it builds up pressure and pops the dipstick out. That excessive pressure will also start pushing oil past various seals in the engine, the turbo being one of the first to go. As Jamie said, if there is a cap on the rear breather it could cause this.
            Originally posted by cyclone
            It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
            Originally posted by Broda
            I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Yup looks like it needs a proper walnut blast. The misfires seem to be starting again....dammit

Comment

Check your fuel pressure too.
                White on red THP
                Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Working...
                X