Locking wheel nut removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locking wheel nut removal

I need to get my front 2 locking wheel nuts removed as I don't have the removal tool does anyone know a good garage in Beds Bucks Herts that will do the job please for reasonable money please.....

Originally posted by Lynyrd Skynner
    I need to get my front 2 locking wheel nuts removed as I don't have the removal tool does anyone know a good garage in Beds Bucks Herts that will do the job please for reasonable money please.....
    Don't know a place but be careful how they do it. Very easy to damage the alloys!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

There's special companies for it, just shop around.
      I guess they just drill them and unscrew?
      As bigfeet says, don't go with just anyone as the bellones are easy to damage as it is.

Edit: Check this out http://www.halfords.com/workshop-too...el-nut-remover
      Might be worth giving that a go before you fork out for an hour's work
      Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

DStort
      DSport interior | 130bhp Chipped | Powerflow Exhaust

Comment

Drilling these out is a swine and a lengthy job, way more than an hour, they are very tough hardened bolts with two shoulders holding the wheel on, expect many hours labour from a garage to do this. Whatever you do don't use a hammer on remover as the bolts are designed to shear as an added security precaution. Cobalt drills sharpened to 135 degrees are needed to cut the metal. Easy outs may work but take care not to snap in the hole drilled.

Comment

Kwikfit sorted mine for me a few year back on my Ford.... didn't even charge either. Just a promise I would go back
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Thanks for all of your replies on this , not really keen on getting the alloys screwed up but might have to bite the bullet .
            But how hard is it to get a replacement wheel nut key from Citroen ? is it possible...

Comment

It is possible but it costs A LOT (I was quoted about 200 eur) and you have to wait several weeks. That is if you have the key code for the nut.

Comment

Did you get this sorted went to swap to my winters and one nut being stubborn

Comment

I had an issue with the ridiculous locking nuts & had them all removed by a company that refurbish wheels they had a tool they hammered on that allowed them to reverse the thread 7 hey presto the nut came off okay this was in Glasgow but sure you will find a similar company near you - as this seems to be a common problem . Good luck

Comment

My key is on its last legs so I need to change my locking bolts. I've tried and tried to find exact specifications for the OEM ones but can only find thread specs, not the bolt length and seat pitch.

If anyone can link some decent but not extortionate locking bolts which 100% fit a DS3 with Bellone alloys then I'd be grateful.
                    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
                    Join the Facebook Group!
                    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperkev View Post
                      Did you get this sorted went to swap to my winters and one nut being stubborn
                      No I have had no luck yet , it looks like I will have to go to a local Citroen service centre near Luton they say they can do it for £102 all in basically they will have to chisel them off guy reckons it will take no more than 1 hour , its just the front 2
                      The problem is that the locking bolts on the car are just spinning round so basically gone into security mode so even if I had a key I could not get it to fit , pain in the ass!

Comment

Do not allow them to chisel it's the wrong tool if that slips chipped alloy & no redress ! If your local wheel refurb people don't have the tool DIY - these are the tools available to remove them - www.screwfix.com/p/laser-locking-wheel-nut-remover-2-pack/1889j
                        www.amazon.co.uk/Laser-3464-Emergency-Wheel-Remover/dp/B002ZSPNUC , www.eurocarparts.com/search/Wheel%20nu
                        or Google locking wheel nut removal service in your area if you don't fancy DIY . Once mine were removed I replaced with an ordinary nut - good luck

Comment

Thanks for the reply , Just googled a company in Radlett and they have great reviews and are 100% sure they can get them off £50 all in......I have 2 new bolts ready to fit in the car .

Comment

I took mine off the DS3 and replaced with normal bolts as the OEM locking nuts are like butter
                            sigpic

Comment

You would be surprised how many people do this these days, can't remember the last time I heard someone complaining that their alloys were nicked.
                              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                              Bigfeet's File Repository
                              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Working...
                              X