No announcement yet.

DS3 - 2011 - Reverse light and Parking sensors not working after clutch change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS3 - 2011 - Reverse light and Parking sensors not working after clutch change

After brand new clutch on ds3, I noticed the reverse light and parking sensors are not working any more.Took it back to garage and they spent couple of hours in the investigation but couldn't conclude the reason for not working.

Even their expert tried to diagnose and he cannot figure out.

I want to know - is this common with DS3? has anyone experienced same problem after clutch replacement? Is garage not responsible for this?

Garage said they only unplung one switch and put it back after the clutch work and it's straight forward. They have tested reverse light switch, cabling, faults reading etc. and everything seems fine, even the blubs on reverse light.

Garage is clue less and cannot suggest anything else.

My first guess would have been the reverse gate switch... There is a fuse for reverse circuit too but I assume they checked that. Maybe body control unit? Mine threw a fault a while back and both these stopped working. If it is that then your garage is crap for not being able to diagnose that though.

Chances are they aren't responsible, it just happened to go at the same time as them doing work.
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

There is a switch on the gearbox that tells the car reverse is being engaged (lights/sensors). Very surprised the garage couldn't figure this one out...!
      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Still no luck even after changing reverse light switch(new from dealer), fuses seem fine, connectors going into light switch and surround wiring - all seem fine. Any ideas guys?

Comment

Working...
        X