First Post.....Roof problem!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marlowboy View Post
    Sunning myself down in Dartmouth so not now collecting until Friday, cost..........
    £450 Labour plus £550 for Roof, expensive but could be a lot worse! Anyone wanna buy it?
    If they didn’t clean the roof channels and lubricate the channels and cables when the fitted the roof then i recommend that you do it asap. I can let you have the instructions to do this. Also consider getting a Citroen Select warranty which covers the roof, my warranty for the 5th year of my cabrio cost about £270 which i condidered good value considering m6 cabrio has the thp engine.

Comment

Hi Mr Badger, I did go to my local Citroen Dealer but they could not offer me a Warranty as I purchased car from an independent Dealer not Main Dealer. I would love to purchase a Warranty that would cover the Roof, any other ideas?

Comment

Warrantywise is what I have
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

I’m sure that is one of the Companies that said the roof was not covered, I’ll check!

Comment

Sorry Chris but I have just had a chat with them and they will cover the Switches and Motors but NOT the Cables. I’m not sure how a claim would work out if like mine, the Roof could not be opened as the Motors could be heard running so it had to be a cable either broken or come off some how, we all know insurance companies will use any way they can to not pay out! I’m going to give them a ring tomorrow instead of “live chat” and see if I can get it clarified.

Comment

Hmmmmm. What a weird thing not to cover- spose they know the cables go bust
              There must se some sort of guarantee of the work that's been done- should be at least 12 months

Ask the person who did the cables for you for the receipt of paymeny for the cables?

Otherwise, maybe keep looking for a decent warranty
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Hi Mr Badger, I did go to my local Citroen Dealer but they could not offer me a Warranty as I purchased car from an independent Dealer not Main Dealer. I would love to purchase a Warranty that would cover the Roof, any other ideas?
                B****r that’s a shame :-((. I”m afraid i dont know about any other warranty companies offerings.

Comment

I can not find ANY Warranty that will cover the Cables! Just collected car, the Roof is now working but the guy has suggested we get rid of it ASAP!
                  Bill, I did ask him and he has cleaned and lubricated but he suggested not to add any more as it attracts grit and dust and leads to quicker wear! He also says if anyone asks me to give them his details, he has left the Country, he is sticking with Plurals!
                  i hate cars!

Comment

Or even Pluriels!

Comment

LOL. Whats a pluriel.
                      either PX , or we buy anycar (They priced one of my old DS3s at £7900, and I got £10k from a dealer) or piece of paper in wondow FOR SALE and park on a main road
                      sigpic
                      Jog on Noddy

Comment

I can not find ANY Warranty that will cover the Cables! Just collected car, the Roof is now working but the guy has suggested we get rid of it ASAP!
                        Bill, I did ask him and he has cleaned and lubricated but he suggested not to add any more as it attracts grit and dust and leads to quicker wear! He also says if anyone asks me to give them his details, he has left the Country, he is sticking with Plurals!
                        i hate cars!
                        The official Citroen cleaning instructions say you must use a clean cloth to clean out all the old grease /dust/debris from the channels before lubricating with new grease. Citroen will charge 30mins labour for the work. I had a new roof under th3 Citroen used car warranty last Nov and i plan to clean/grease the channels every year from now on. If the rails and sliders dont get serviced the coefficient of static and dynamic friction will increase up to the point that the motors wont be able to move the roof.

Comment

I would hope that a bit of preventive maintenance, checking for debris/ smooth running, lubricate, would go a long way to slow any major issues
                          sigpic
                          Jog on Noddy

Comment

I wondered if anyone did find out where you can purchase a warranty that will cover the roof fully?? Thanks

Comment

Working...
                            X