Nice tip - thanks Biggie...
      That's what she said...
      - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
      - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Dpf

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
        That's what she said...
        My last DS3 1.6 HDi 90bhp only did 30k in 2 years as a driving school car, every time the dpf was regenerating/clearing the soot out I let it run and finish its cycle and never had any issues, but mine didn't have any sensor faults etc, so Ive been lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
          Give the car a good trash and you should be good!

Seriously what you need to do is drive the car in a lower gear at speed, you need to get the exhaust hot and well as the engine to kick start to regen process.
          Just wanna say thanks for your advice. I took the car out for a long spin yesterday and gave it some pedal, and drove in a lower gear than normal. Today the service light stopped.
          You're the man!

Comment

Originally posted by haddock View Post
            Just wanna say thanks for your advice. I took the car out for a long spin yesterday and gave it some pedal, and drove in a lower gear than normal. Today the service light stopped.
            You're the man!
            All hail Bigfeet!
            - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
            - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Originally posted by happydriver View Post
              My last DS3 1.6 HDi 90bhp only did 30k in 2 years as a driving school car, every time the dpf was regenerating/clearing the soot out I let it run and finish its cycle and never had any issues, but mine didn't have any sensor faults etc, so Ive been lucky.
              I've heard of other makes of car not clearing dpf faults if you don't finnish the regeneration cycle. its not a 5 minute fix but can take an hour to go through the cycle. if you cut corners it doesn't work properly.
              I haven't done this myself yet but have picked a few brains because of the problems with dpf on other makes. namely Volvos or fords

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
                That's what she said...
                Waheeey !!
                sigpic

Comment

Dpf

Originally posted by gedt5 View Post
                  I've heard of other makes of car not clearing dpf faults if you don't finnish the regeneration cycle. its not a 5 minute fix but can take an hour to go through the cycle. if you cut corners it doesn't work properly.
                  I haven't done this myself yet but have picked a few brains because of the problems with dpf on other makes. namely Volvos or fords
                  When I pull into my drive if it's running a regeneration it never seams to have taken more than five to ten minutes tops to finish.

Comment

im new to diesels so can someone just clarify what a regeneration is please?

Comment

http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice...e-filters.html

Diesel Particulate filters (DPF) or 'traps' do just that, they catch bits of soot in the exhaust.

As with any filter they have to be emptied regularly to maintain performance. For a DPF this process is called 'regeneration' – the collected soot is burnt off at high temperature to leave only a tiny ash residue.
                      cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Your car has a diesel particular filter and what that does is trap the nasty soot that diesels have been known for i.e. that big black cloud that diesels use to have when accelerating. Now to keep the filter from closing up it goes through a regenerating cycle where the engine puts out very hot exhaust to burn the soot up leaving a clean filter. A very simplistic explanation. A search on DPF will turn up good info.

As a side note a modern diesel actually emits less soot than a GDI engine. As any THP owner can attest that keeping their tailpipes clean is a never ending battle.
                        Last edited by cyclone; 29-01-2015, 17:31.
                        Originally posted by cyclone
                        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                        Originally posted by Broda
                        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Go into my File Repository thread for a video showing how the system works.

Link in my sig.
                          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                          Bigfeet's File Repository
                          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I'd stay clear of supermarket diesel if your having trouble with the DPF, a lot of people argue there is no difference but in my opinion there is.
                            I have the 110HDI and have noticed a lot less Forced Regens while running nothing but V-power diesel, it force regens roughly once a week and I don't do a great deal of long drives, I feel if I went back to supermarket, it would start regenerating every other day as before.

Comment

Originally posted by Grantandrew2014 View Post
                              I'd stay clear of supermarket diesel if your having trouble with the DPF, a lot of people argue there is no difference but in my opinion there is.
                              I have the 110HDI and have noticed a lot less Forced Regens while running nothing but V-power diesel, it force regens roughly once a week and I don't do a great deal of long drives, I feel if I went back to supermarket, it would start regenerating every other day as before.
                              A forced regeneration is when the dealer or some other nice person with a diagnostic tool would manually tell the car to do a regeneration instead of letting the cars computer decide. Otherwise they are all normal regenerations.
                              Originally posted by cyclone
                              It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                              Originally posted by Broda
                              I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
                                A forced regeneration is when the dealer or some other nice person with a diagnostic tool would manually tell the car to do a regeneration instead of letting the cars computer decide. Otherwise they are all normal regenerations.
                                I meant the car re-gen itself, I got a little confused hahaha

Comment

Working...
                                X