X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And then the radio went off, and then it came on again.....repeat

Car is,

2016 (66) 1.6 BlueHDi DPFR SS 100 EU6 Prestige 120 bhp

Recently the radio has started going off for 10 /15 seconds then rebooting from scratch, and staying on for anything from 1 to 45 minutes. I had a service today by my mechanic, and he said on some cars it is fixed by getting a factory update.
    Any ideas folks?
    Stay Safe.

Citroen dealers should provide updates for free

Try disconnecting the car battery for couple minutes- acts as a rest?

Otherwise- software problem
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Citroen dealers should provide updates for free

Try disconnecting the car battery for couple minutes- acts as a reset?

Otherwise- software problem
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Thought i would say it 4 times
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

interesting....................I drove about 60 miles today, and the radio stayed on, my mechanic did say he had put the battery on charge during the service. Could it have been another covid-19 causualty, as it wasn't used much during the lock down.

Comment

so it started doing it again. Garage wants ?80 - ?100 ( not sure if that is including VAT ), and if it doesn't work a new radio head is ?1200.

Comment

? = ? btw

Comment

that's meant to be a GBP sign. Looks at ground and shakes head.

Comment

OK so I had the update today, ?81 and took 3 hours and they valeted the car as well. Personally I would have liked to forgo the valet, and not waste anymore time with something that should be free. DS3 was fine on the way home, for 8 miles! So I'll let you know if anything happens.

Comment

So an update, about the update.
                    On the way home after it had been done, some icons appeared to turn the cameras on and off ( There are no cameras on this car ),and the parking warning sensors seemed to have lost their car picture. So I took it back the next day, and they redone it (only 1 hour this time ) but it made no difference, so the details have gone off to Morocco ( yes Morocco ) for an expert to look at. Apparently it may be the whole system which is 1200 GBP. I politely pointed out that if they try to charge me that after it has only done 24000 miles, then the car would be coming back.................through the window.

Comment

On the way home after it had been done, some icons appeared to turn the cameras on and off. There are no cameras on this car, and the parking warning sensors seemed to have lost their car picture. So I took it back the next day, and they re-did it, only 1 hour this time, but it made no difference, so the details have gone off to Morocco, yes Morocco, for an expert to look at. Apparently it may be the whole system, which is 1200 GBP.
                      I politely pointed out that if they try to charge me that after it has only done 24000 miles, then the car would be coming back.................through the window.

Comment

On the way home after it had been done, some icons appeared to turn the cameras on and off. There are no cameras on this car, and the parking warning sensors seemed to have lost their car picture. So I took it back the next day, and they re-did it, only 1 hour this time, but it made no difference, so the details have gone off to Morocco, yes Morocco, for an expert to look at. Apparently it may be the whole system, which is 1200 GBP.
                        I politely pointed out that if they try to charge me that after it has only done 24000 miles, then the car would be coming back. Through the window.

Comment

Results have been returned, and the results are......................................fAiL
                          So now I need to think. The new part is ?1200.

BTW does anyone know the CEO of DS?

Comment

Don't wanna talk about it? lol

Comment

Don't wanna talk about it my fellow DS 3 owners?

The garage I took it to, said there is only one update, but I have since heard there is 3, maybe 4.

Comment

Working...
                              X