No announcement yet.

And then the radio went off, and then it came on again.....repeat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have just had this with my 2015 DS3. it got worse. I was on my to get apple car play activated this am and the unit would last 10 minutes and the restart. I told the guy that was doing the work and he did a software update and activated car play and so far it is working great.
    He did say that if it does keep happening it might need a new touch screen but was quoting well under the price you have been given.
    The guy is magpie autos. Give him a call, I would definitely recommend him.
    https://www.magpieautos.com

Comment

I have just had this with my 2015 DS3. it got worse. I was on my to get apple car play activated this am and the unit would last 10 minutes and the restart. I told the guy that was doing the work and he did a software update and activated car play and so far it is working great.
      He did say that if it does keep happening it might need a new touch screen but was quoting well under the price you have been given.
      www.magpieautos.com

Comment

magpieautos.com

Comment

magpieautos dot com

Comment

magpieautos dot com

Comment

haha i think i repeated my self enough times

Comment

why dont you swap out the unit for a similar used one?
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

I'm having what sounds like the same issue: Radio/Touchscreen restarts every few minutes. I assumed it was battery due to low use this year, and not having had a single activation of start/stop since I stopped going into the office in March.

I bought a CTek MX 5.0 battery charger/reconditioner. 1st use it charged for 3/4hrs until moving on to the trickle mode. This hasn't resulted in either the radio issue going away, or any activations of stop/start. I decided to try the charger again, about a week later, to see if it charged differently than before. This time it almost immediately went through the charge program to trickle.

Since that 2nd charge, both issues remain. I'm wondering if low battery has initially screwed the firmware of the radio unit and now it's just goosed?

Some internet searching has shown me that quite a few people are having this exact issue. Anyway, it'll be going in for a service & MOT in the next month so I'll let you know what my local dealership say. Will also be very interested to hear your outcomes as well.

Comment

Hey springheeledJack . The forum isn't as active as it once was. Since the Facebook group took off, you would probably be better off posting on there if you want more of a response. It's a shame, but only Chris_Blue and myself occasionally come on here these days.

As for your issue, I haven't come across this before, so can't really help..... sorry. It's frustrating I know, as many of us have taken on Citro?n and DS and few have us have won. We all love the DS3, hence why we bought one and joined this forum. There is still loads of historical info on here of great times gone by. Enjoy and good luck.
                    DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

I should read the whole thread before posting really!!

Comment

Originally posted by Funky View Post
                        Hey springheeledJack It's a shame, but only Chris_Blue and myself occasionally come on here these days.
                        Hi Funky- long time no see. Is this your quarterly visit :-)
                        sigpic
                        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post

Hi Funky- long time no see. Is this your quarterly visit :-)
                          Hi Chris_Blue . Yeah even I don't get on as much anymore. How you doing pal?

Comment

Originally posted by Funky View Post

Hi Chris_Blue . Yeah even I don't get on as much anymore. How you doing pal?
                            Good thanks. DS3 seems to be behaving altho a side skirt needs securing back on after i nudged a kerb. Still not been able to get to James for a remap.

Gearbox gone in my Clio, which is ?500 for a cheap used one to be fitted

But hey- Lockdown number 2 on the way, so considering not getting it done for a while

You still have the DS3- not thinking of moving on?
                            sigpic
                            Jog on Noddy

Comment

I probed the voltage at the fuse (F8) and on the wire going into the head unit. Both were steady before, during and after multiple radio resets. So I don't think it's a power supply issue.

My next test is to crack open the head unit and do a quick visual check for any suspect components or solder joints.

After that it's booked in for a service early December where I'll ask them if they think a software upgrade/re-flash will sort it out.

I'll keep you posted.

Comment

get a new radio installed by a profesional?
                                sigpic
                                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                                X