This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pete@carradioskipton View Post
    Got a new Lexia today. Will change my lights over the weekend and report back on ease of use.
    I am awaiting!

I bought my Lexia 3 is 1 month and still can not modify the DRL.

If you can help me I appreciate it!

Thank You!!

Comment

Ive never really liked the idea of the rear tailights being on all the time
      CBLUE
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

someone tell me step by step I get the option to modify the DRL in Lexia 3? I've looked and have not found much.

Comment

Is it possible for us to only use
          the led-lights and the red back lights?
          so no main headlights and only the bright flash light's (don't know how to say) if necessary?
          MATT BLACK e-HDI chipped 146HP 302NM DS3

Comment

I just bought 3D led rear lights. And iam wondering in this too. I want my new lovely rear light to be ON all the time. not just at night But i dont want to use DRL and main lights all the time. DAY - DRL + rear, NIGHT - main + rear only. now i have DAY - DRL, night main + rear. Anybody knows if this is possible by lexia? Thx for answer

Comment

Yay! We love this thread <3

Worth a bump and I have a question from facebook.

Nothing has changed re newer models and DRL's at night has it? I made this thread a while back. So just updating and answering a question on FB.

Thank you
              My DS3R3... nearly....
              New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Just when I thought this thread had quietly slipped below the waves....
                ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                Bigfeet's File Repository
                The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

You're welcome Biggy!!
                  My DS3R3... nearly....
                  New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Thanks....I think!

And the answer is no by the way
                    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                    Bigfeet's File Repository
                    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Sorry to revive this thread, but I have a query that as far as I can see has not been covered by the "Definitive guide". and to comply I am posting within.

Our crazy French friends suggest a bridging technique which ultimately keeps normal function of the headlights but allows DRLs to remain on the whole time.

I have skimmed through most (of the 42 pages!) and it seems that a proportionately very small number of (only HDI) owners had issues. Otherwise a large number of them have had success. As a THP owner this fills me with confidence!

Is this something that has been explored and is not listed in this thread? does anyone have views or recommendations before I attempt this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	5827-28h03yq.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	359302

Comment

Will it work, sure. HDI and THP the lights are the same. It is Definitive in that it covers the changes that are possible in the cars software. As to the legality in Australia ??????
                        Originally posted by cyclone
                        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                        Originally posted by Broda
                        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

I saw on FB that Mark has adjusted his so he has dimmed DRLs on at night with the headlights, not sure how he did it but it looks awesome in the video he posted
                          sigpic

Comment

Usual story, they should supposedly be dimmed, but with nearly every car having them on standard with headlights now I can't see the popo knowing the difference. I was planning to check it doesn't seem too blinding once setting it up.

I basically just wanted to get peoples views in the safety (to my car) before doing it.

They mentioned something about stop start in some models and power surging or something? I'm no expert here...

Comment

DRL's - hopefully the definitive guide

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                              I saw on FB that Mark has adjusted his so he has dimmed DRLs on at night with the headlights, not sure how he did it but it looks awesome in the video he posted
                              Thanks Chris

Originally posted by CPDS3 View Post
                              Usual story, they should supposedly be dimmed, but with nearly every car having them on standard with headlights now I can't see the popo knowing the difference. I was planning to check it doesn't seem too blinding once setting it up.

I basically just wanted to get peoples views in the safety (to my car) before doing it.

They mentioned something about stop start in some models and power surging or something? I'm no expert here...
                              On full brightness they will be to bright . And will blind on coming drivers .I can not find the video's now that me and my son took the other day basically he drove towards me on a quite road I Took video of normal head lights on ( I have the new xenon headlights ) with them on .
                              Then done video driving towards me with no lights on ( but drl's ). And they where brighter and dazzled more than the hid's did .
                              However yes you can do it that way too. has I did do it and try it . At the end of the day bringing it could cause you electrical problems has the components are not made to be on and they wiring does get warm quite quickly and I used a lot heavier amp cable than Citroen uses . I basically stripped the drl's and drilled the reflector and hadded extra LEDs and the tapped in to the sidelight wires so that when you turn on lights the new drl's switch on too
                              Here's the video Chris is on about its not quite dark outside but you can still see how bright the drl's are in video compared to headlights when they are switched on . How ever if you go on to musketeer.com they are selling a drl box that you connect up and it keeps them on it costs €99 euros the way I did it causes you several hour of am I doing the right thing splitting them but overall cost was about £15

https://vimeo.com/122514407
                              Last edited by MARK.A; 18-03-2015, 09:04.
                              http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps710a29cb.jpg
                              2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

build thread My Transformer edition!
                              DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

Comment

Cheers from the response Mark!

I wired it up yesterday and it works fine. Tried out all electrical functions and everything running smoothly. Real easy to do too.

I will have a play around with it on the weekend and see how it looks. I don't do much night driving so will not be an issue until then. I also have white vision bulbs on the way so will see the full effect with them.

I will post some pics once they come.

Comment

Working...
                                X