• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thankyou Eiken your a star

Comment

Just found this little fellar:
      http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Wireless-Singl...item33610b2f9b

Maybe that could do the job to turn on and off the DLR LED if connected to the cars 12v system and the LED light.
      That might be my 2nd. or 3rd. thing to try and do
      Last edited by Eiken; 26-09-2010, 20:08.

Comment

Originally posted by Clarky View Post
        What's the worst that can happen regarding the law...
        I'd be happy to take my chances with plod - but I wouldn't want to risk the remaining 30 months of my warranty on a botched wiring job. If others are happy to do so, that's cool.

Comment

Originally posted by gar074 View Post
          I'd be happy to take my chances with plod - but I wouldn't want to risk the remaining 30 months of my warranty on a botched wiring job. If others are happy to do so, that's cool.
          As said i will try to make a try tomorrow or the day after if i get the time to make the same fix, but without the wireclip so it should be non traceable for a mechanic and easy to undo it if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Eiken View Post
            As said i will try to make a try tomorrow or the day after if i get the time to make the same fix, but without the wireclip so it should be non traceable for a mechanic and easy to undo it if needed.
            That would be great Eiken....Thanks appreciated

Comment

I Like Your New Big Scary Message At The Top Eiken ! lol

Comment

Guys, remember that any DS3 with this "fix" will fail a roadside test by the police and the MOT - 3 points!

Also as Herby said Citroen won't touch your DS3 with a 10 foot pole if something goes wrong, i would suggest NOT doing this.
                ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                Bigfeet's File Repository
                The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Just to clear up what Audi does with it's DRL system. Yes it uses the same strip of LED's for DRL and side lights.

The way the lights are powered is the 'trick'.

The DS3 uses a 'simple' straight 12v from the battery when required to be on. (simple terms I accept it probably is controlled by some module or other)

The AUDI's uses an Electronic Module to control the LED's and a system called Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) to send the voltage to the LED's, so what this allows you to do is when you want DRL function at the LED, the module with send 100% PWM voltage to the LED's, and when you switch the side lights on (or any forward facing light) the modules knows the different requirement and will send a 50% PWM voltage to the LED's and you get a dimmer LED (also an ECE requirement for side lights).

Audi use the same technology for tail/brake lights, 50% tail / 100% brake, you welcome to follow an A5 around and night and you should see the RED LEDs go brighter when he presses the brake lights, but don't get to close

Hope this clears a few questions on why AUDI and Range Rover 'get away' with it.

Steve

Comment

Thankyou Steve...

Our Own Personal Wikipedia Member lol

Comment

Not really, I just deal with this stuff all day everyday...

Comment

Yeah That's Wot Im Saying lol

You Work For Audi ? Or... ?

Comment

Lotus Engineering at present

Comment

I Dislike Lotus After They Made Such A Beautiful Car Like The Exige Too Small For People Like Me =(

At 6"4 I Can't Get My Legs In LOL

Comment

Guys, you do this you run the risk of setting fire to your cars! If you are to do this then you must disconnect them from the cars electrical circut and run power to them though a relay powered from the battery then fused.

The lighting circuts on these cars wont stand additional load and i have witnessed the damage caused buy bad wiring

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
                                Guys, remember that any DS3 with this "fix" will fail a roadside test by the police and the MOT - 3 points!

Also as Herby said Citroen won't touch your DS3 with a 10 foot pole if something goes wrong, i would suggest NOT doing this.
                                Originally posted by Woodey View Post
                                Guys, you do this you run the risk of setting fire to your cars! ... The lighting circuts on these cars wont stand additional load and i have witnessed the damage caused buy bad wiring
                                Thanks for this, Bigfeet and Woodey. It's important that people on here know what the risks are if they decide to go ahead with this.
                                Last edited by gar074; 27-09-2010, 21:46.

Comment

Working...
                                X